Philippine Overseas Employment Agency (POEA) has released the list of recruitment agencies authorized to deploy Filipino workers (OFWs) for New Zealand. To be safe from illegal recruiters, apply only to these agencies.
According to POEA chief Hans Leo J. Cacdac, there is no government to government hiring agreement between the Philippines and New Zealand, hence, POEA is not directly recruiting workers to the said country. OFWs can instead, go directly to the accredited manpower agencies which have existing job orders from employers in New Zealand.
Most of the job openings for New Zealand are for construction workers which include bricklayers, blocklayers, carpenters, electricians, fabricators, painters, plasterers, and welders. Other available jobs are butcher, chef, CNC machinist, ductman, finisher floor, excavator operator, plumber, driver, diesel mechanic, laborer for dairy farm, asphalter, and wall paper installer. They need experienced and trained workers from these field of specializations probably to rebuild NZ’s second largest city which was damaged by a calamity back in 2011.
There are total of 26 accredited recruitment agencies that OFWs can check to apply for a job for New Zealand:
1. 21st Century Manpower Resources Inc.
2. Adana Manpower Services Corporation (update: cancelled license)
3. Bison Management Corporation
4. EDI Staffbuilders International Inc.
5. Eligardi Enterprises
6. FAASI International Corporation
7. Filhigh – GNS Inc.
8. Global Resource for Outsourced Workers, Inc.
9. Greenfields International Manpower Services Inc.
10. IEmploy Manpower Services Inc.
11. JPS International Recruitment Agency
12. JS Contractor Inc.
13. Lau’ Mel International Staffing Services Incorporated (Former Lau’ Mel International Entertainment Promotion Inc.)
14. Long Term Recruiting and Development Corporation
15. Manumoti Manpower International Inc.
16. Mission Way Manpower Services Inc.
17. Mitac Overseas Manpower Corporation
18. Omanfil International Manpower Development Corporation
19. Orion Site Medlink (OSM) International Resourcing Inc.
20. Parman Inc.
21. PNI International Corporation
22. Rise Manpower Services
23. Staffhouse International Resources Corporation
24. Sunergeos Manpower Services Corporation
25. Uniplan Overseas Employment Inc.
26. YWA Human Resource Corporation
For the updated job orders visit http://www.poea.gov.ph/cgi-bin/JobVacancies/jobsByCty.asp. Choose New Zealand in the ‘Select Country’ option.
Read: 2017 New Zealand Job Openings for Filipinos
POEA Chief Cacdac reminded the accredited manpower agencies, and employers to follow the New Zealand and Philippine Laws and regulations when comes to recruitment and employment. Agencies should prohibit themselves from collecting placement fees from Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) that will be deployed to New Zealand since the latter is a “no placement fee country.”