How to Apply for Tourist Visa to Australia Online for Filipinos

Here are the 7 steps to guide you on your Travel Visa application for Australia as a Filipino tourist. I will also share here the requirements, a sample Itinerary, a sample Cover Letter, and some travel tips to make your trip to the Land Down Under more enjoyable.

Tourist holding a Subclass 600 Travel Visa are granted 3 months, 6 months, or 12 months of multiple entries to Australia. In our case, each of us was granted a Multiple-entry Visa in Australia for 1 year. Each arrival allows us to stay for a period of 1 month.

The process is the same whether you are in the Philippines or abroad since the application are done online or through VFS Global (
how to apply for australian visa online

Guide for Tourist Visa application online for Australia as Philippine Passport holders

Step 1: Visit to Create an Account

Supply the needed information such as surname, given name, phone number, and valid email address. The website will send a verification link to your given email address. Check your email to verify your account.

Step 2: Login to your ImmiAccount

After the verification of your email, you can now login to your immi account. Type in your username and password that you have given when you created your immi account

Step 3: Go to the New Application link to start your Visa application process

Supply all the information as honestly and as complete as possible. Your personal details should be entered the same way as it appeared on your passport. Your first name should include your middle name.

Note: If traveling in a group and you are the main applicant, you only need to login to your IMMI account. Next is go to the new application link to lodge another application for each group member. Under ‘Group Processing’ you need to supply the Group ID and Group name also for each application.

So for example, you are family of 3 or more, you only need to create one immi account for your group. Complete first the application of the main applicant, then lodge 2 more application for the remaining family members or dependents.

Step 4: Upload all scanned copies of your supporting documents

After you have type in all the needed information. Upload all the scanned copies of needed documents (supporting evidence). Our documents were neither notarized nor certified true copy when we upload it online.

The needed documents include the scanned copy of your Philippine passport information pages, birth certificate, marriage certificate, bank statement, employment certificate, and letter from the school of your son.

Step 5: Pay the Visa Application Fee per Applicant

You can pay using a credit/debit card online. The cost of application per applicant is 135 AUD plus a surcharge or roughly 5,033 pesos plus a surcharge. Payments are made after you have completed filling up all the needed information.

Other costs that you need to consider aside from visa processing fees are the following:

  • NSO birth certificate acquisition fee
  • NSO marriage certificate acquisition fee
  • bank charges when you request for bank statement copies
  • cost per page of acquiring scanned copies of all your documents

Step 6: Biometrics Collection

For Filipinos, you can schedule an appointment at VFS Global for your biometrics collection. Take note that VFS Global collects service fees.

Those who are applying for an Australian tourist visa in the Philippines should inquire to VFS Global if they need to schedule appoint for biometrics collection. Here is their website To know more details you can also visit Australian Embassy in the Philippines website.

Step 7: Check your email for updates on your Tourist Visa Application

I think the supplied documents are being screened manually by a representative from the Department of Immigration and Border Protection, Australian High Commission. I got contacted by their representative twice thru email because they are asking for additional scanned documents which I have to upload on my application

After uploading any additional documents asked, all you have to do next is wait. If the Visa application is lodged outside Australia the maximum processing time is 1 month from the time you completed your application and paid the needed fees.

In our case, we were approved in a matter of 5 working days. We received the visa thru email. Basically, it is an electronic -Visa. We printed it and bring it with us in case the airline company staff asked for a physical copy of our tourist visa for Australia.

How to Apply for Travel Visa online as a Group for Australia

For family and relatives traveling together to Australia, you can apply for a Tourist Visa as a group. In this way, your applications will be assessed based on the documents submitted by each member of the group. You only need to create one Immi Account.

On page 2 of your online application form, there is a question under Group Processing, “Is this application being lodged as part of a group of applications?” Choose “Yes” as your answer.

You will be asked to Create a Group Name for your applications and indicate the group type. Key in the name of your group. You can use your family name to make it a little formal. You also need to select the group type which applies to your application. Example: Family

australian visa group application online

Keep in mind of the Group ID as it will be used by the remaining members of your group. They need to indicate it when it’s time to fill up their own visa application.
When you are done with this part, then proceed filling up the remaining page of your application.

What are the Requirements for Australian Visa Application

  • Your new and old Philippines passport which shows your previous travel
  • scanned copy of your passport’s information page
  • Cover letter and sample itinerary
  • NSO Birth certificate
  • Evidence of funds (personal bank statements/savings account, payslip, credit/debit card statements)
  • NSO Marriage Certificate (if married)
  • Certification Letter from school for your son/daughter (if they are studying)
  • Certificate of Employment (if employed)
  • Accomplished online application form in your immi account

All scanned documents are in JPEG format. Before you upload all your documents, I suggest that you organize the file name for each scanned copy so the assessor can easily track the arrangement of your documents.


  • Juan dela Cruz old passport page 1, Juan dela Cruz old passport page 2, Juan dela Cruz old passport Nth page
  • Emma dela Cruz new passport page 1,  Emma dela Cruz new passport page 2, Emma dela Cruz new passport Nth page
  • Juan and Emma dela Cruz Marriage certificate page 1, Juan and Emma dela Cruz married certificate page 2
  • Evidence of funds page 1, evidence of funds page 2, evidence of funds page 3
  • Bank statement month 1, bank statement month 2, bank statement month 3

You can read the complete checklist here

What is a Sample Cover Letter with Itinerary for Australia

This is our sample cover letter with our sample itinerary when we applied for our tourist visa for Australia. You can use this as a pattern when you make your own cover letter. I just alter the details for our privacy.

sample cover letter and itinerary for australian visa

12 August 2020

Australian High Commission
Address of the embassy here

To The Honorable Consul:

I am Juan Dela Cruz, 41 years old, Filipino with passport number JD1234567 and currently residing in Singapore. I work as an Astronaut at National Aeronautics and Space Administration Sentosa Island Singapore. Accompanying me with this visit are the following:

1. Maria Clara Sangria – my wife, 40 years old, unemployed, passport number: MC1234567
2. Juan Chrisostomo Ibarra – my son, 12 years old, student, passport number: JC7654321

Both of them are living in Singapore and holding a dependent pass.

I wish to express my intent to visit Australia this November 2020. The main purpose of this trip is to go for a 10-day holiday to explore Sydney, Australia from 20 November to 30 November 2020.

The reason is that my son’s school holiday will start in November and I will also be taking a short break from work for a holiday before starting my Zero Gravity Space Training (funded by NASA) that will commence this 1st week of December.

Hence, even if the preparation for this tourist visit is short of a notice I and my family are humbly requesting your good office for a tourist visa to make our travel plans possible.

Below is the list of our itinerary:

Day 1: 21 November 2020: Arrived at Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport from Singapore

Day 2: 22 November 2020: Start the day with a complimentary breakfast in the hotel.

Explore the surroundings of Darling Harbour. Visit Wild Life Sydney Zoo and Sea Life Aquarium. Go for a lunch cruise at the Sydney Tall Ships and experience the exciting Mast Climb. Spend the rest of the afternoon at the Australian National Maritime Museum.

Day 3: 23 November 2020: Aboard Captain Cook Cruise, for the sightseeing of Manly Bay, Watson Bay, Fort Denison and alight at Taronga Park Zoo stop. Spend the entire day at the Taronga Zoo. Visit the Royal Botanic Garden before going back to the hotel.

Day 4 and 5: 24 – 25 November 2020: Explore Sydney by Sydney and Bondi Hop –on and Hop – off Bus Tour

Day 6: 26 November 2020: Join the Blue Mountains and Wildlife Day tour

Day 7: 27 November 2020: Attend mass in the morning at St. Mary’s Cathedral. Join the tour group to explore the Sydney Opera House. Go to the Harbour Bridge and Sydney Tower Eye.

Day 8: 28 November 2020: Stay at Hunter Valley for 2 days and 1 night

Day 9: 29 November 2020: Back to Sydney in the afternoon

Day 10: 30 November 2016: Departure from Sydney and going back to Singapore

Thank you for your kind consideration.

Respectfully yours,

Juan Dela Cruz

Read: How to Apply for USA Visa for Filipinos

How to Fill Out Form 956 for Tourist Visa for Australia

This is based on our experience only. In this part, I will share with you how we fill out Form 956. This form is needed if the person applying for a tourist visa to Australia needs an authorized representative to communicate with the department of immigration through different mediums such as fax, email, or other electronic means.

We need to fill up this form for our son which at the time is a minor and has no capability to apply for his own visa to travel with us to Sydney.

The form has 3 parts and composed of 3 pages. Part A is for the details of the migration agent or an authorized representative of the applicant, Part B the ending appointment, and Part C is the Declarations. We only filled out the details and ticked boxes which we think is necessary. If you look at the image, you will see the checkmark on boxes, and the details were in red characters.

how to fill up form 956 page 1 for australia visitor visahow to fill up form 956 page 2 australian visa online how to fill up form 956 page three

FAQ about Australian Tourist Visa Application

What is the Australia Visa Processing Time for Visitor Subclass 600 Tourist Stream

According to, the visa processing times for visitor subclass 600 or tourist visa range from 2 days (48 hours) to up to 20 days. These depend on different factors including but not limited to peak processing periods in a certain location.
australia visitor visa processing time

Do I need to Notarize or Certify the documents Before Uploading Them?

We did not notarized / certified all our documents. We just scanned it as it is and upload it in our application. Certified true copy of your documents is NOT needed.

You just make sure that we follow the specific formatting and quality requirements during the scanning of our documents.

How Much is the Australian Visa Fee?

You need to pay roughly 135 AUD or 5033 pesos plus a surcharge. You can pay it with your debit or credit card online after you have completed filling out the application form and uploading all the requested documents to the immi website.

Visa Grant Notice Sample Photo

Basically, your Australian visa will show, your full name, type of your visa, grant date, application ID, date of visa application, stay period, and visa condition.

australian visa grant sample photo

Should I Book a Return Flight Before I apply for Visa?

No, it is NOT required to get an air ticket or book a flight prior to your visa application. It is stated in the Visitor Visa (Tourist Stream) subclass 600 checklist that it is not recommended to purchase an air ticket.

Instead, purchase the ticket after you received the Australian Visa grant document online in your registered email account.

Where to Upload the Travel Itinerary

Alright, so you prepared your travel itinerary. Normally, this includes the date of your arrival and departure, the list of places you will be visiting, and if possible, its specific date. Your next question probably is where to upload it.

After you have filled up the Australian visa application form online in your IMMIaccount. You will be redirected to the “attached documents” page where you need to upload all the supporting documents.

If you were requested to upload your itinerary then upload it in the “Evidence of Planned Tourism Activities in Australia” slot.

australian visa application online evidence of planned tourism activities

However, there are times when the immi website does not ask for the travel itinerary of the visa applicant. Therefore, the “Evidence of Planned Tourism Activities in Australia” slot will not appear. This only means that you do not need the travel itinerary as a supporting document.

In my opinion, based on your answers in the form, the immi website decided that a travel itinerary is not necessary during your visit to Australia. Because they are satisfied with your answers and are sure that you will return to your home country after your visit.

How much should I budget per day for my Australia Tour?

The cost per day will depend on what kind of meal you want to eat, hotel where you want to stay, the mode of transportation, and extras like mobile data. Anyway, you can use this as a reference then just add some leeway on it as the cost really varies depending on how you want to enjoy your tour.

  • Meal – 45 AUD per day per person minimum or roughly 15 Australian dollars if you plan to eat McDonald’s combo meal for breakfast, launch, and dinner
  • Hotel – 150 AUD per night
  • backpackers hostel – 40 AUD per night per person
  • Opal Card – 40 AUD per week for adults and 20 Australian Dollars per week for child
  • Prepaid sim card with data bundle – 30 AUD for 28 days

Roughly, the total cost per adult is 93 Australian dollars per day if you choose to stay in a backpacker hostel, and 202 AUD per day if you choose to stay in a hotel. You can still reduce this cost if you will be traveling as a group since you can share hotel rooms with your friends and relatives.

The list does not include airfare per person as it varies depending on the airline company and your country of location.

Read: How to Fill up the Schengen Visa Application Form

Travel Tips for Sydney Australia

Assuming your Australian visa online application is approved and you are now planning your travel to the land down under. Here are some of the tips and suggestions based on my experience when we visited Australia.

Suggested Budget Airline Company

We booked a return flight from Scoot Airlines here in Singapore. It costs us around 1600SGD or roughly Php 60,000 for 3 passengers (2 adults and 1 child). We were able to avail a promo during our booking time.

Where to Buy Opal Card and How much to top up

Assuming Australia immigration has granted you a tourist visa, and you have arrived at Sydney Kingsford Smith International Airport. The first thing you need to do is purchase an OPAL card at the news agency inside the airport. There are two types of opal card: for adult, and for child. The card is similar to EZ-link in Singapore, and LRT-MRT Beep Card in the Metro Manila, Philippines.

opal card new south wales australia

You can use OPAL card to pay for all kinds of transportation available in NEW SOUTH WALES Australia such as bus, train, tram, and ferry. Inquire to the staff at the news agency, they know how much to topped-up depending on your duration of stay in AUS. Since we stayed in Sydney for 9 days and 8 nights, we topped-up 40AUD per adult and 20AUD for kid.

From Sydney Airport, you can ride the train to reach the central business district (CBD) area and you can use your OPAL card to pay for the fare. Although I suggest that you ride a taxi for comfort since for sure, you have heavy luggage with you. During our time the taxi rate is around 50 Australian dollars from the international airport to Central Bussiness District (CBD). From the domestic airport, the cost is around 36 Australian dollars.

Affordable Prepaid Sim Card with Data Bundle

If you want to stay connected online even when you are on tour, the second thing you need to purchase is a prepaid SIM card with data bundle. During our visit, I purchased an Optus Yes prepaid SIM card for 30AUD.

In my opinion, it offers the cheapest because I was able to avail their promo of unlimited local text, local calls, and 6GB data which has 28 days expiry. It is much cheaper if compared to data roaming charges which are usually on pay-per-use terms.

If you need an online map, but you want to save cost on data. Getting a prepaid sim with data is a must.

Optus yes Australia

Recommended Hotel in Sydney, Australia

If you will be staying in Sydney, you can check out Cambridge Hotel and Hotel Abey in Surry Hills. We stayed in Abey Hotel for 5 nights, and 3 nights in the Cambridge Hotel. I can say that we had a good experience during our stay in both hotels. Our room was clean, although, they should have better soundproofing in between rooms because sometimes we can hear guests’ conversations from rooms next to ours.

cheap hotel sydney australia

The location is OK for us since a bus stop is probably 2 minutes walk and the central train station is 10 minutes walk from the hotel. I recommended that you booked a room through or for cheaper rates.

Book a hotel, maybe 1 month prior to your arrival so the cost per night is still low. Anyway, there are promotions where booking cancellation is free of charge. Just keep in mind the cancellation deadline to avoid extra charges for some minor mistakes such as forgetting to cancel your booking.

Foreign Exchange Suggestion

Based on our experience, we suggest that you do not change your local currency in shops inside Sydney airport. The reason is I think it is not value for your money. Aside from the difference in the exchange rate. They also charge a service fee which ranges from 8 to 12AUD per transaction.

As much as possible change your currency from the airport where you are coming from. If you are flying from NAIA Philippines, change your peso to a dollar in banks at the airport.

Another suggestion is you change your local currency when you are already OUTSIDE of Sydney airport. The reason is that foreign exchange stalls outside charge lower service fees.

Purchase an I-Venture Card (Optional)

If you plan to try every attraction in Sydney, or in other cities. I suggest that you purchase an I-Venture card.
i venture card Australia pictureThe card allows you to enjoy single entry to all of Sydney’s top attractions. It offers up to 40% savings on entry fees to tours (like Sydney sightseeing tour, Blue Mountains explorer bus), guided walks (The Rocks Walking Tour), museums, cruises (like Captain Cook Hop-on Hop-off) and wildlife attractions (Sydney Sea Life Aquarium), Sydney Opera House Tour, and much more.

Here is one of the attractions in Sydney that we enjoyed when we availed of the I-Venture card:

That’s all! I hope this post helps you during the online processing of your Australian tourist visa application with your Philippine passport and also when you are already touring in Australia.

in Essential Travel Guides
331 comments… add one
  • Rechelle Dionisio

    Hi! Good day!

    I would just like to ask a question. I want to apply for a tourist visa in Australia, but I will not stay with on the hotel. I will be staying in my cousin’s house in Sydney and my friend’s house in Melbourne. Do you think my visa will be granted if I will not present hotel accommodation?

    • Matt

      Sorry Maam Rechelle I do not have idea because in our case we applied for visa with a pre-booked hotel accommodation.

  • Melanie

    Hi! May I ask if the documents you attached (passport bio, entry/exit stamps, visas and birth certificate) were certified/notarized copies or just the scans of the original? Thank you!

    • Matt

      For the passport we scanned every page of it that has an entry and exit stamps. If you recently updated your passport you also need to scan its bio, entry, exit pages. We just submit the scans of original. We were not asked for the certified notarized copies.

      • Mariz

        May I just add, when you applied for an australian visa does it says that you have to submit a certified copy? I was about to attached some documents when I clicked the blue button with question mark it says that I have to submit a certified copy of my birth certificate and other travel documents.

        • Matt

          Hi Mariz,

          In our case we just scanned all the documents then submit it online. We scanned the data pages of our passport, NSO birth certificate, NSO marriage certificate then submit it online.

    • Stef

      Hi! Just wondering, I applied as group for visa, but I’m staying here in Singapore and then my parents are in the US, would that be ok? And should I still put their names as my traveling companion? Even if we won’t be flying together, but we plan to arrive in oz the same day.

  • Mel Dalog

    Hello. I’ll be applying for a tourist visa with my grandma. I already created my ImmiAccount. I just want to ask if my grandma should also make her own immiaccount for her application or I can include her with my application via my immiaccount. Thanks.

    • Matt

      As I remember we only created 1 immiaccount for the main applicant, while logged in you can create multiple visa application for your companions.

  • Mia

    I read that you applied with your kids. I am trying to apply for me, my husband and toddler. May i ask kung anong nilagay mo dun sa application ng anak mo dun sa question na “who will fund your staybib australia”. Did you put self funded or others? Nilagay ko kasi dun sa app ng anak ko “others” and then i input my name as her parent. I’m wondering lang kasi bakit hinihingan ng invitation letter yung application ng anak ko. Yung samin ni hubby wala naman ganun requirement. I guess lumitaw yun dahil di self funded linagay ko sa kanya.. Di ko kasi nilagay na self funded kasi 2 year old palang yung bata.

    Tapos may required documents din na “consent for travel if a child under the age of 18” and “form 1257 undertaking declaration”… Were you asked for these also? Did you submit? Kasi both of us her parents are traveling with her naman.

    • Matt

      Hi Mia, for the question of “who will fund your stay in Australia?” I also put ‘others’ for my son’s application then I attached our bank statement with the file name “bank statement of his parents.”

      Regarding the form “consent for travel if a child under the age of 18” and “form 1257 undertaking declaration” I remember we also have to fill up a form like that but for us we filled up yung “Form 956A Appointment of Withdrawal of an authorized recipient (ito yung hinanap sa amin if I remember it correctly) for our son.” We included it on his list of attachments.

    • anne

      Hi Mia.
      We have a similar case. For our daughter, me and my hubby made a a guarantee / sponsorship / authorization letter to grant a AU visa to our child (less than 2 y.o.) explainjng the child will be travelling and living with both parents during the au vacation. Also we filled up the form 1229 if I remeber correctly. This support were upload as other documents in my child application.

      • Matt

        Thanks Anne for sharing your experience.

      • subclass600

        HEllo anne, did you attached any documents concerning the form1229?
        Because in my email I need to attached a certified copy of my passport and other valid ID.

  • sam

    We are planing to apply for 3 Australian tourist (family) VISA on 16-10-2017.
    We are planing to travel on 3-11-2017. Only 18 days left.
    We can travel only if we get VISA with in 17 days.
    Let see what will happen.

    • Matt

      Good luck Sam!

  • bing

    I want to ask if you have idea if I want to travel to oz and a friend wants to support me can I apply for visa 600 on that?

    • Matt

      Hi Bing, sorry I do not have an idea about your concern.

  • Rose

    Good Evening,

    I would like to ask if it is possible to apply a tourist visa to Australia and find a job there.

    Many thanks

    • Matt

      Hi Rose, sorry but I do not have an idea.

      • Coco Raymundo

        Hi Rose, if you are 18-30 years old you can apply for a working holiday visa, its for one year.

    • Wayne

      No. You cannot work in Australia on a tourist visa.

  • Lea


    The checklist states Certified True Copy of Passport Data page. Did you provide a certified true copy or a colored scan will be fine?


    • Matt

      Hi Lea, in our case we just scan the passport data pages then submit it online.

  • Matt

    Hi Sir, I think you can request for bank statement directly at your UOB branch. You can ask the teller to provide you your 3 months bank statement for visa application. You should request for 3 consecutive months bank statement prior to your documents submission as it is the requirement.

  • Hazel

    Hi thank you for this very informative article. I want to go to Australia and currently residing here in Singapore but I am not a PR. I want to attend the Hillsong Conference in 2018, I have a few questions to ask.
    1. Do I need to purchase the conference ticket even if I am still applying for a tourist Visa to show proof that I am really attending the conference?
    2. Do I need to book return flights to prove that I am only there for the conference?
    3. Do I need to book a hotel to show where Im staying?
    4. will my 3 months payslip will be enough as an evidence of fund?
    Thank you for your help!

    • Matt

      Hi Hazel,

      Good day here are my answers to your question.

      1. Do I need to purchase the conference ticket even if I am still applying for a tourist Visa to show proof that I am really attending the conference?

      – Sorry, I do not have any idea regarding this.

      2. Do I need to book return flights to prove that I am only there for the conference?

      – You should provide flight itinerary not ticket. It is NOT advisable to purchase return flights and also I remember we did not purchase air ticket prior to visa application. It is stated in the Visitor Visa (Tourist Stream) (Subclass 600) Checklist that they do not recommend purchasing air ticket. We purchase the ticket after we received the visa grant documents.

      3. Do I need to book a hotel to show where Im staying?

      -We did not book a hotel prior to visa application. We booked after our visa was granted. However, if you want to book a hotel for additional weight to your visa application you can go to They have free cancellation policy. You do not need to pay anything.

      4. will my 3 months payslip will be enough as an evidence of fund?

      – I think it is not enough you should also request your company of your employment certificate stating your work details. You should also include your 3 months bank statement. You can request your bank to give you copy of your 3 months statement of account.

      I hope this helps maam :-)

  • Koleen

    Hi! I am the middle of gathering my documents for Australian TV. I’m planning to lodge my application January 2018. It will be a sponsored trip by my boyfriend. I just have a few things to clarify. Under funding details sa online application, I believe only relatives can be your sponsor so I ticked self funded instead of “supported by other person” kasi wala naman po dun sa option yung boyfriend. Pero I explained naman po dun sa box that he will sponsor my trip. Did I do the right thing? Hehe Also Pwede na po ba one bank certificate/statement and 3 recent payslips? Thank you for all the answers!

    • Matt

      Hi Koleen, I think the requirement is recent 3 months bank statement but the 3 recent payslips is an added weight as proof that you have enough financial capacity to stay in Australia. I think it would be better to not include your boyfriend to the story kasi medyo gugulo lang and also contradicting since you declared that your trip is self funded but it turns out that it is your boyfriend who’ll fund your travel.

    • M

      Hi Koleen! May i ask how your application went? I am on the same boat right now thou I ticked ‘others’ and explained that the trip will be sponsored by my boyfriend. I will just submit his bank statements along with mind

      • Koleen

        Hi M! I just saw this. My TV was granted after 4 days. 1 year, multiple entry :)

        • Imee

          I am planning to apply for TV this May and find your case similar to mine. Only I do not have my bank certificate or fund. Will it be possible to present my boyfriend bank account?

          • Imee

            Thanks Koleen! Waiting for your reply.

          • Ann

            Same tayo Imee..I also don’t have bank certificate or boyfriend will be sponsoring me..anyone who could help or have an idea?

  • Zhelle

    Hi! I have a planned visit to Singapore. Is it possible to get a tourist visa for Australia coming from Singapore as a tourist din?

    • Matt

      Hi Zhelle, I’m sorry but I haven’t tried that one to go to a country as a tourist and then from there apply for an Australian tourist visa.

      • Zhelle

        Thanks for the info! :)

        • Niel

          Hi Zhell,

          Did you try to go in SG as tourist and apply from there to Australia? any update Thank you!

          • Matt

            Hi Niel,

            Australian tourist visa is processed online.

  • Michelle

    I created online account for tourist visa online in australia. Saan ko e insert application ng husband ko at anak.? Kasi ako yung main applicant? Gagawa ulit ako ng new applicant for my husband and my son?

    • Matt

      Hi Michelle,

      You can login to your Immiaccount and lodge new application in the new application link for your husband and for your son. There is a part in the application form about ‘Group Processing’ where we were asked this question ‘Is this application being lodged as part of a group of applications?’

      You should tick YES then you need to supply the GROUP ID and GROUP Name in your husband and son’s application form. This simply means that you guys are together and will be assessed as one group.

  • Melissa


    May I know how you answered “Authorised Recipient” part for your spouse and child?

    Thank you.

    • Matt

      Hi Melissa,

      If you are the main applicant, might as well you become the authorized recipient for your husband and child. You put in the “authorized person” your first name and surname, your postal address and contact numbers.

  • Lei

    There is this question po kc na “will the applicant visit any relatives, friends or contacts while in australia?” Can i put 2 or 3 friends? Should i provide a letter of invitation coming from these friends pa po ba? Or kahit hindi na po? And if its possible to stay sa place ng friend po for accommodation for the whole duration of stay kasi nag offer po? The trip is self funded po kasi. I dont have any idea if pwde po yung ganon?

    • Matt

      If you will be visiting friends in Australia, you can declare it. If there is a question about accommodation like about staying with friend’s house then you should also declare it.

      • Lei

        Should i ask a letter of invitation from friends if i put their names po? Thank you

        • Matt

          It would be better to prepare for an invitation letter just in case your visa application assessor would ask for it. The assessor sometimes will contact you via email if they need additional documents from you.

  • strider

    Hi Matt,

    My questions:

    1. Do we need to submit our original passport? concern ko lang meron pa akong ibang trips so I need diskartihan kung kelan ako mag apply.

    2. For the form question under Non-accompanying members of the family unit,
    Does the applicant have any members of their family unit not travelling to Australia who are not Australian citizens or Australian permanent residents? — Need po ba ilagay lahat ng family members? pano po kung single or defacto?

    Thanks for posting this. BIG help! :)

    • Matt

      Hi Strider

      My Answers:
      1. You do not need to submit your passport when you apply for Australian visa as the latter is more of E-visa type.
      2. You only need to indicate the immediate family members who will not be travelling with you to Australia. Regarding single or defacto, I do not have idea on this one.

      • strider

        Noted. Thanks for your reply! :)

  • noel

    your blog was really an eye opening,im applying here in Singapore,my concerns are:
    1. flight itinerary po ba meaning nun is choosing an airline then try to book and fill everything then prior to the payment section screen grab lang then thats the one you will send to them?
    2.the itinerary you used is the one in this article?I made one but may mga timeline,Do I need to put these times or just the places that I will be going to on that specified date?
    3. and last one,Naguluhan po ako since my boyfriend works in Australia and he also will share in our travels expenses there,but in the option in the tourist visa about financial support will I click the self or supported by others or self and ill just specify in the comment box that my bf will also fund and attach the salary of my Bf in the uploading of documents?
    thank you So much!

    • Matt

      Hi Sir Noel,

      Here are my response po:
      1. No sir, based on our experience, it is more of your cover letter with travel itinerary on it. Example po ng itinerary is the one included in the post, or my answer for question 2. You should NOT purchase airfare tickets. It is stated in the Visitor Visa (Tourist Stream) (Subclass 600) Checklist that it is not recommended purchasing air ticket prior to visa application.

      2. Yes sir, we just included the actual date. For example:

      Day 1- 18 November 2017: Arrive in Sydney from Singapore
      Day 2- 19 November 2017: Explore Sydney, go to Opera House
      Day 3- 20 November 2017: Aboard Captain Cook Cruise, for the sight seeing of Manly Bay, Watson Bay, Fort Denison and alight at Taronga Park Zoo stop.
      Day 4-5: 21 to 22 December 2017: Bondi Hop –on and Hop – off Bus Tour

      3. It would be easier to tick the “self” then submit / upload the supporting documents which is your own bank statement and pay slip. Then if ever your boyfriend will share the travel expenses then it would be better to arranged it with him.

      • noel

        thanks for replying…ive lodge my application but still pending,it says initial assessment, and it shows processing time 20 to 33days?did that also happen to your application?is it really that long for it to process?just worried I’ve lodge my application since march 2

        • Matt

          Hi Sir Noel,

          In our case, our visa application was approved in 5 working days after we were able to complete and submit all the requirements. The visa grant was sent to our email.

  • noel

    btw they sent me an email that I need to go for biometrics?is that correct?before they can approve my visa?

    • Matt

      Yes you need to go for biometrics.

      • Zel

        After submission of online application, how long did you wait for their reply asking for biometrics? Will they reply right away?

        • Matt

          Based on my email, it took them 1 day to reply to my application regarding biometrics and other documents.

          • Zel

            Thank you so much

          • Matt

            Welcome and Good luck with your application!!!

          • Zel

            Hi, I was granted with 1 year multiple entry visa. Thank you so much! Now, I want to ask if how much money can you recommend for me to stay for a week including food, transportation, entrance fees to some attractions.

          • Matt

            Hi Zel,

            Congratz, its nice to know that your visa was granted. I do not have any idea on how much would be your budget for 1 week. But I would like to share that when we had our tour in Sydney for 10 days 9 nights we spent roughly 7000 Australian dollars. It includes airfare, hotel, food, and entrance tickets to tourist attractions. We are family of 3 (2 adult and 1 child). Maybe for you roughly 2000 to 2500 AUD just to be safe. Anyway, if there are excess AUD after your tour, you can always exchange it back to peso or SG.

            Change your peso / SGD in NAIA or in Changi because its a lot cheaper than exchanging it in SYDNEY. Please read my foreign exchange suggestion. I am sure it will be helpful for you.

  • edna

    who will get a visa if someone from australia invite to come in their country?

    • Matt

      Hi Edna,

      It is still you, who will need to process the visa.

  • KIT

    Tanong ko lang po, dependant pass po kasi ako unemployed. Si hubby ko po maggagastos sa trip po namin. Kelangan po bang gumawa ng sponsor letter si hubby ko po or pwede na po yong bank statement niya po? Thank you po.

    • Matt

      His bank statement will do maam. He needs to produce 3 months bank statements as it is the requirements.

    • Yuri

      Hi po. Anu pa po attachment ang need kung husband ang mag sponsor ng trip

      • Matt

        Hi Yuri,

        You can check the list of documents needed. I’ve included it in the post.

  • Lily

    Hello po, i have few questions as below:
    – ano ang format ng cover letter na ginamit ninyo? can I have a copy po?
    – di na po ba kayo nag pass ng invitation letter from a friend sa OZ?

    thank you po.

    • Matt

      Hi Maam Lily,

      – You can search for cover letter formats online.
      – You do not need any invitation letter to get a tourist visa for Australia (I know because we did not submit any), and yet we were still granted a visa. Just prepare the documents asked, submit it, and that’t it :-). Make sure maam that your documents are complete otherwise, the evaluating officer will send you an email about the additional requirements.

  • Dinia

    Is it possible to search for a job while on a tourist visa to Australia?

    • Matt

      Hi Maam Dinia,

      Sorry but I do not have any idea.

      According to Wayne (see reply below), you are not allowed and you should not apply for a job while on tourist visa.

      • Wayne

        No. You should be very cautious about working on a tourist visa. It is strictly enforced. You state that you are travelling for holiday and if you work then basically you have lied and the Australian Border Force will not hesitate to arrest you.
        Further, makes it harder for genuine tourists to get their Visa because others have not kept to their word.

        • Matt

          Thanks for the reply Wayne, I appreciate it.

  • Ave

    Pwede po pasample ng phone format? Ayaw po tanggapin ng +63 9123456789.thanks

    • Matt

      you can try removing the plus sign to just make it 639123456789.

  • Wayne

    I am an Australian living in Australia but well travelled to and from Manila. Hope it is ok to add.
    It is not so easy to apply for Aust. Visa and I know some including myself tried to bring Filipina to Australia and have been unsuccessful. The main hurdle is the Aussie Govt. fanatical about Filipino arriving to work or stay without adequate funds. Also, they require a reason for you to go home after your visit.
    I would be most interested if others could add to that from experience.
    From last year, the Manila Immigration required Filipina travelling to have to go to Bangkok
    -A hotel name
    – someone supporting them and I was called by Immigration via cell. Best to have a copy of hotel booking and enough cash to get you to the hotel.
    They required a copied passport VISA entry showing I had landed in Thailand.
    – A letter of request from me.
    – a sight seeing plan
    I strongly suggest that and Filipina travelling on International flights out of Manila make sure they have “done the course” so that you can show you have all the documents and everything checked off.
    There are many who will tell you they were literally stopped just before the flight and had details checked and Immigration pulled them from the flight.

    • Matt

      Thanks Wayne for sharing your experience.

    • Slick

      Hi Wayne!

      May I ask if the Filipina you tried to invite to Aus had travel history prior to application?

      I’ve been to Aus in 2016 and have been to several countries like the US, Canada, Japan, some European countries, etc.,
      The situation is different now as I am currently jobless and now that I am applying for a new visit visit, I declared that it will be my oz partner who will finance the trip. I’ve provided his invitation letter and his proof of income. Thou quite nervous because of my unemployment status here in the Ph.

  • Wayne

    1/ Budget airlines. I have found that it is best to use a search engine to compare flight costs. They compare hundreds. I use Jetcost but others like Webjet also work fine. Try to be flexible to get the best deals. I usually get around 500 to 550 Aust. dollar return flights but I think from there cheaper than that.
    2/ Landing in Sydney.
    If you are staying in Sydney, it is truly horrendously expensive. Especially accomodation. I recommend again a search engine. Trivago or Booking or I use Agoda. Have an idea of where you want to stay. I suggest at least 100$ Aust. for a taxi as better to have more than less cash. Most taxis in Australia have credit/debit card facilities in the taxi but always check first.
    3/ Flights also go direct to other cities in Australia. It is always best to have enough to cover a taxi to your hotel before you leave. There are no easy ways to get public transport from the airports generally.
    4/ OPAL is Sydney only. So far as I know, and I have never seen it, each major capital city has their own system.
    5/ SIM card id a good idea. 30$ should get you started for a month. Optus and Telstra best. If you are staying longer, the major supermarkets like Coles or Woolworths offer discounted Sim cards and you can recharge online or in the Supermarket. Check if not buying Telstra or Optus. If you are heading out of the major city, Telstra gives the best coverage.
    6/ The I-Venture Card is not valid outside The Gold Coast, Sydney, Melbourne, Tasmania. Basically, only some parts of the main cities on the East Coast of Australia. Check if it is useful to you first.

    • Matt

      Hi Wayne,

      Thanks for sharing!

  • Nikki

    Hi, do we put our middle name (which is our mother’s maiden name, in Philippines) under Given names? Thank you.

    • Matt

      I remember we put our middle name together with our first names.

  • Adam

    Based on our experience our visa was granted in just 5 working days. It is an e-visa so the document will be sent through email if the visa is granted. There is no sticker that will be attached on your passport.

    I apologize but I do not know if you will be notified if your visa is disapproved because I also have not experienced that.

    Regarding applying a visa through an agent. I apologize but I do not have any idea since we lodge our application on our own.


    Hi there I was wondering if you know the answer to my questions. I would like to go to Australia in December but I want to apply the visa this June for me to know if will be approve or not then I can purchase cheaper tickets ahead. I was wondering if I apply in June I was granted a visa in July is the validity will last until December? Do I have the option to use the visa until December? I am currently living in Tokyo. Thank you

  • Adam

    Hi Carmel,

    After submitting all the documents, the electronic visa grant was sent to our email after 5 days.

    • carmel

      Thanks for your swift reply Adam. Do you remember if there was a note saying how long the release was after lodging your application? It’s kind of making me praning. haha. Thanks

      • Adam

        Hi Carmel,

        There is no note as to when our visa to Australia will be granted. We are also surprised that it took only 5 working days for our application to be approved.

  • Joyce Monakil

    Hi! I would just like to ask if the documents to be attached on the application must be (scanned) certified true copies/notarized documents? Or can we just attach the scanned copies of the original documents that we have?

    • Matt

      Hi Joyce, in our case, our documents was neither notarized nor certified true copy. We just scanned the documents and attached it to our application.

  • Adam

    Yes, you can submit 956 for your parents since you are the authorized recipient. Yes, we also submitted a 956 form for our child. Good luck!

    • anna

      Hello Adam,

      Thank you so much for your reply, it was really helpful. I’m still confused regarding what form to submit. Is it the form 956A or 956 only? :)

      Thank you again.

      • Adam

        Hi Anna, upon reviewing my scanned documents, I submitted Form 956 for my son. Your parents also need to fill out Form 956 if they will assign you to collect their documents.

        *I edited my first reply

        • anna

          Thank you so much!!! :)

        • anna

          Hi Adam! It’s me again!

          Good news: our visa request were granted in less than a week! :) Would you know if Biometrics would be asked? My sister who is staying in Singapore, told me that when she applied for Australian Visa in Singapore, biometrics were required. So she went to the embassy to give her biometrics. Upon email of our granted visas, no instructions were given regarding biometrics.

          I also have a bad news, my cousin, who was, at that time, unemployed, had refusal of Australian visa. The reason was due to lack of economic ties in the Philippines. Currently he is already employed and we have a proof for that. My question is, do you happen to know if you can apply for Australian visa again anytime/ several times after being denied?

          • Adam

            Hi Anna,

            Wow that’s really good news. In our case we were also asked to go to VFS Global here in Singapore for our Biometrics. I do not know why your biometrics were not taken. If you want you can inquire to Australian Embassy PH or in VFS Global office there in the Philippines for that matter.

            Regarding your cousin, he can re-apply for a tourist visa unless it is stated that he can’t apply anymore, or stated that he is allowed to re-apply after certain number of months. If the reason his visa was rejected because of lack of economic ties in the Philippines, then probably that is because he is unemployed. He should try to apply again especially now that he already has a job. Maybe this time his visa application will be granted. This however still depends of the immigration officer evaluating his application.

            Good luck and enjoy your tour!

  • Kate

    Hello. Is online registration faster rather than lodging personally? I lodged my visa here in the philippines at vfs global, unfortunately they mailed me that my medical reqts is incomplete I still need to undergo some tests since i would be studying there in healthcare. My schooling will start on June 25 and I need to be in Aus on June 23, do you have any idea how long will the pocessing of visa take after I finished my la tests ny tomorow? Thank you!

    • Matt

      Hi Kate,

      I think there is a different application process and requirements if you will go in Australia as a student. Unfortunately, I am not familiar with the said process.

      For tourist visa, based on our experience, it is fast since we received our grant 5 days after we submitted all the required documents.

  • Adam

    Hi Kath,

    I created an account for my mum using a different email address but still under the same group. Is that okay? —– Yes you can do this. My wife and I have different email account but we belong to the same group when we apply for our visa.

    Another question, would a bank certificate be enough for financial docs or must it be a bank statement? —- One of the requirements is recent 3 months bank statement, you need to submit it. We also submitted bank certificate as proof that our bank account existed years ago for our savings and not for the purpose of the AUS visa application.

    Good luck!

    • Kath

      Thanks Adam!

      Additional question. For the “other identity documents” would you know where to find the “identification number”? eg. birth certificate, marriage certificate etc..

      • Adam

        Hi Kath,

        I do not have idea regarding ‘identification number.’ What we did with birth certificate, and marriage certificate is to have it scanned and upload it as part of list of attachments.

  • Elize

    Hello! I just want to confirm in filling out the application, do we really need to put our middle name under the “Given Name”? And what if I’m going to have this trip together with a friend but we applied the visa individually or separately, do I need to indicate that I will travel with this person? I was just thinking to ask before I submit the application. Thanks!?

    • Matt

      Hi Elize,

      In our case we put the middle name together with given name. For example if your given name is Jose Protasio Rizal where Protasio is the middle name, you will write Jose Protasio under the given name.

      You applied the visa individually, I think there is no need to indicate that you will travel with another person.

      • Elize

        Ok! Thank you so much for your response. I Appreciate it….?

        • Matt

          Welcome and Good Luck!!!

          • Elize

            Hi again! I have submitted my application recently and they eMail me which says they require my Biometrics. When scheduling appoinment I saw a ‘purpose of travel’ box, should I put there for “Biometrics Collection Only”? And one more thing, during this appointment are they going to take/hold on to my Passport and return it for quite sometime?

          • Matt

            Hi Elize, they will not collect your passport as Australian visa is an electronic type meaning your data is stored on their system. They will not put any visa sticker in your passport.

            For the purpose of travel box I can’t remember what I put there sorry.

          • Elize

            Hi!!! My visa was granted. Yay! Thanks for answering my questions. I got one last question.. I purchased, an iVenture Card Flexi Pass Attraction – 7 ticket. Can I use it for my 7day stay in sydney as long as I enter 7 attraction only? Like can I visit one or two attraction per day then plan to use the card some other days? Any tips of where to go or visit in Sydney?

          • Matt

            Hi Elize,

            Wow, and nice to know about that. I do not have idea regarding your iventure flexi pass because during our tour we bought I think unli visit to attractions for certain number of days. But here is what you can do, you can ask the staff on the first attraction you plan to visit for sure they know about it.

            Regarding the places we visited, I have included in this post our itinerary during the tour but we focused visiting attractions for kids since we travel as family.

            Among the places we visited, blue mountains is a must. You can also aboard the captain cook cruise at darling harbour for sightseeing of Manly Bay, Watson Bay, Fort Denison.

            Good luck and enjoy your tour!

  • Phiy

    Hello, I will visit my husband in Au and he has a temporary working visa for 3 months. Do you think i still need an invitation letter from him? I am also thinking if i need to book a separate hotel. Thank you!

    • Matt

      Hi Phiy,

      You can apply for Australian visa. You only need to provide all the documents and proof of your financial capacity and intention to return to the Philippines once your allowed days of stay expired. You can also ask for an invitation letter from your husband as added weight for your application.

      You do not need to book a hotel prior to your application. It is not needed.

  • Connie

    Hi , i just want to ask with regards on the conditions , i saw on yr screenshot of yr visa grant that you don’t have the 8503 conditions which is NO FURTHER STAY. I just applied my tourist visa subclass 600 last April 2018 thru AVAC here in Singaporeas well & was approved the next day but i have this 8503 conditon. My visa is almost the same as yours but the only difference is the 8503 condition. I’ve travelled to Australia just this June . I want to go back there again around end of Aug or early Sept but i prefer to stay longer than 1 month. So i plan to apply another visa hoping to get a grant again without this 8503 condition. Do you have any idea on how to obtain this visa ? Any other more documents to attached except those on their checklist.

    Hope somebody can help to give me an idea on this.

    Thank you.

    • Matt

      Hi Connie,

      I think it is the Australian immigration that decide what will be the visa condition. You can check the for more details.

      • Connie

        Hi Matt,

        Thank you for your reply.


  • Janella


    Would you know if i can i arrive earlier than the dates i inputted in the planned arrival date in the form? Thank you!

    • Matt

      It is possible. The visa effectivity depends on the date the visa was granted and not on your inputted planned arrival date.

      So for example, your inputted arrival date is December 15 but you applied your tourist visa on September 1 and the grant was released on September 5. It means that you can travel to Australia starting September 5 and onward.

  • Reena

    hi po, ask ko lang. okay lang ba if yung dad ko yung main gagawa ng immiaccount then under sa kana is 4 persona na, 20+ years old? applicable pa rin yung ganun set up?

    • Matt

      Hi Reena,

      Yes, it is applicable. Especially if you guys are traveling as a family.

      • Reena

        that’s great to hear. thank you! :)

  • grace

    hello po, Me and my husband are planning to visit Australia. He is German and we are living now here in Germany. My question is do we have to make both our own immiaccount or we can make it as a group?Thank you

    • Matt

      Hi Grace,

      You only need to make one immiaccount for whole family. Fill up first the main applicant’s form along the way you will encounter question about if the applicant is travelling as a group, choose YES then take note of the group’s code. The dependents need to input that code in the form when he / she encounter the same question.

      Also if your husband is a German national, it is advisable to verify if he needs an Australian tourist visa.

  • Patrick

    Hi there! My Filipino girlfriend is applying for visa and she is going to stay for only 1 week, She will be staying with me for her visit. In her application it’s asking for details about sponsor support either financial or accommodation. It states that the person providing the support needs to give documents to prove their offered support. Any idea what I actually need to give to her so she can complete her application?

    Thank you for your help.

    • Matt

      Hi Patrick,

      This is only my opinion. You can make an invitation letter stating that you are inviting her to stay with you for 1 week. The letter can include your contact details and your home address where she will stay for 1 week. Aside from that, you can give here copy of your bank statement as proof of your financial capacity.

      I hope this help. Good luck!

  • maria

    Hi Matt,
    Sorry for my being dense, but I just want to be sure, the photo that is required will be scanned & uploaded, right?
    Second question, I will be going to Aus with my sister whose expenses I will be paying for. Do you have an idea what documents my sister need? She will process her visa in Manila (I live in HK but we will fly together).
    Thank you very much.

    • Matt

      Hi Maria,

      If you are talking about the documents, yes you need to have it scanned and uploaded to your immiaccount application. If you are talking about your photo, it is taken when you have your biometrics. Usually, evidence of funds is being asked when filling up the immiaccount application form, so you can provide your sister scanned copy of your latest 3 months bank statements have it scanned and upload it with her application.

  • maria

    Hi Matt,
    Thanks very much.

    • Matt

      Welcome and good luck Maria!

  • alma

    Hi, Matt! I already created an Immi Account. My entire family (hubby & 3 teenage kids) will fly to Sydney on October 26 until November 4.
    1. While the Immi Account is on my name, can I have my husband to be the main applicant since I am a homemaker/housewife?

    2. If yes, and having accomplished his application first, the next 4 New Application will then be lodged under Group Processing, right? Or should the first application (whether me or my husband), I should declare Group Processing already?

    3. What should I put in the Group ID/Group Name?

    Hope to hear from you soon. I can’t continue to process our applications because of these. Thanks!

    • Matt

      Hi Alma,

      1st. I can’t give an idea about it because in our case the one who created the immiaccount is also the main applicant.

      2nd. The first application should already indicate that it will be lodge under the group processing.

      3rd. As i remember the group id /name is computer generated. Take note of it as it will be asked when the remaining family member fill up their own application under the same immiaccount.

      • alma

        Thanks for your reply, Matt. True, the group ID & name were computer generated.
        One more question: should I finish all applications for the 5 of us before sending/lodging them in? Or should it be sent one after the other (once done)?

        Thanks again!

        • Matt

          You can lodge them all at once or one at a time. It will still be treated as group application.

          • alma

            Thanks again, Matt!

  • Jan

    Ask ko lng po what are the requirements for the biometrics collection? Do I need to bring all the original copies ng mga documents na sinumbit online? Or just a copy of request letter and passport?

    • Matt

      I would suggest that you bring all original copy of the documents you have submitted so you are prepared if it will be asked by the staff who will take your biometrics.

  • Slick

    Hi Carmel!

    May I ask how long it took for you to receive your visa in the end? :)

  • Crizzy

    Hi Matt,

    I just wanted to know, after i submitted my application online today, i received an email for biometrics. So should i wait for the result of the visa or do the biometrics first? Thanks in advance!

    Best regards,

    • Matt

      Hi Crizzy, I think you should go for biometrics if that is the instruction sent to your email by the Australian High Commission. Good luck!!!

  • Xhebangz

    I applied online and submitted already. And also went to VFS for biometrics collection. But my immi account is not updated. It still say arrange for biometrics collection. When you had your biometrics taken did it instantly reflect on your immi account? Thanks

    • Matt

      I think it is better to wait for awhile for your immi account to be updated. You can also ask VFS why the immiaccount was not updated yet. Maybe they have an idea since they are the one who have taken your biometrics.

  • Roni L

    I think my question has not been asked yet by anyone. I am a Philippine passport holder residing in PH, I applied for a Visa last August and it was granted. Travel date will be Nov. 2018. It’s originally for a solo travel until recently I asked my mom to come with me, and now I am planning to apply a Visa for her. My mother is employed and can finance her travel, I am just wondering if I should create an application for her using my own profile (although I have not really checked if that option is available) or if I should just ask her (my mom) to submit a separate/solo visa application just like what I did. Thanks, any help is appreciated.

    • Matt

      You can do either sir Roni, but I would suggest that you applied visa for her under your immi account since she is your relative.

      • Koleen

        Hi Matt! I have a question, my TV was granted and is valid until January 2019. I am planning to apply for another tourist visa after it expires however, I am planning to quit work soon. In place of COE, what other documents can I submit that will prove that I’m coming to PH. Also, how recent should the COE be? 3 months pwede pa ba?

        • Matt

          hi Koleen,

          I won’t be able to give you details since I haven’t experience. Although I think, in one of the comments in this post, I remember it became an issue why his visa was not approve, because of lacking in reason to comeback to the Philippines since he does not have work at the time of application. Certificate of employment should be current I guess only.

          • Koleen

            Is it possible to apply for another tourist visa before my current one expires? I don’t have the “no further stay” condition in my TV. If yes, how soon can I do it?

          • Matt

            Hi Koleen,

            I am not sure if it is possible that there will be overlap in your tourist visa.

  • Donna

    hi there.would i know what additional documents did they ask from you.thanks.

    • Matt

      Hi Donna,

      The list of needed documents I’ve submitted during my application is in the post. You can also read the comments for additional information.

  • myline

    Hi! I’m planning to travel to Aus. on 22 October to 5 Nov 2018…
    IF mag lodge ako ng document sa 21 September 2018. May pag-asa ba na makahabo ako sa schedule?

    • Matt

      Hi Myline,

      I think Yes since you still have one month prior to your travel. Just make sure that you have complete documents when you apply. Good luck!

  • Aicky

    Hi Matt,
    I just wanna ask if I can use my immi account to apply a visa for my bf. We will be travelling together on May 2019. Can I just click on the “add” button or does he nned to make his own immi account?

    • Matt

      Hi Aicky,

      I do not have idea since I have not tried that, sorry. I use my IMMI account to lodge Australian visa for my immediate family / relative.

  • dex

    Hi Matt,

    I would like to share my experience with the Au visa application. We are Philippine Passport holders and residing here in Sg also. I applied online with the immi account for my family (me, husband and 4 kids aged 15, 13, 9 and 4) at first, I find the process tedious because we are a family of six and I need to do it individually, but if you have scanned all the proper documents and supporting papers, you just need to upload it to the file one by one. Btw, I was the main applicant and so I asked my husband to fill up the Form 956A Appointment of an Authorised Recipient so I can receive documents / emails on his behalf, as for the kids since they are all below 16 years of age, I am the authorised recipient since I am one of the parent. It took me like 1 week to upload all the documents, paid $148 Sgd and submitted everything online. After that I made an appointment for Biometrics which is $52 Sgd (Cash only) to VFS.
    Timeline – July 29 Submitted online / July 31 Biometrics / August 3 Visa granted, 3 years Multiple Entry
    All correspondences were made online/email except for the Biometrics.
    We just came from Au and visited Gold Coast and Sydney last August 29 to September 7, 2018 ?

    • Matt

      Hi Dex,

      Wow, nice to know that you have 3 years multiple entry visa. I am happy for you!!!

    • DVE

      Hi Dex,

      Did you fill out Form 956 and attached it to your application?
      I will also be providing Form 956A for my husband as I will do the application on his behalf.
      For my kids, ages 13 and 12, do I need to provide Form 956A as well or the Form 956 which i will be attaching to my own application enough?
      I am quite confused with these forms.
      Hope you can provide some enlightenment.
      Thank you.

  • Nikki

    Hi Matt. Just want to ask if Manila office approved your visa or SG. I’m living in US with Permanent resident status and I lodged my application last Sept 26 but status is still received. Thank you so much!

    • Matt

      Maam Nikki,

      My visa was approved online, though I lodge my application here in Singapore.

  • Nikki

    But the grant notice uses the Manila address footer?

  • Nikki

    Or the Manila letterhead? Btw, what’s your status in SG?

    • Matt

      HI Maam Nikki,

      I am a pass holder here in SG. The grant notice does not have any address but only says “Australian Government Department of Immigration and Border Protection.” I have attached in the post photo of my actual Australia visa grant notice.

  • Nikki

    Ok. Thank you Matt!

  • Nikki

    Got my grant notice 5 minutes ago!!! Thank you Matt!

    • Matt

      Hi Maam Nikki,

      Congratulations po, enjoy your tour!!!

  • Matt

    Maybe you just need to wait for a while since your family which is your dependents was already approved.

  • Pau

    Hi! I’m planning to visit australia also. Is medical examination required? We will just be staying there for 2 weeks. Thank you.

    • Matt

      Medical examination is not required when you apply for a tourist visa for Australia.

      • Pau

        Sorry for the late response. Thank you Matt! I just lodged my application last Nov 3. I’ll provide an update once I got the results.

  • emlyn

    hi I am a domestic helper here in Singapore. Am applying for Australian tourist visa for 2019. I have relatives in Australia but I am concerned if a payslip will do from my employer or will I be required to produce a bank statement? Am planning to open a bank account here to have enough fund to submit and pay my application.

    • Matt

      Hi Emlyn, you can submit both payslip and bank statement during your application.

  • emlyn

    Am not sure if my employer will give a certificate of employment, would employment contract do suffice?

    • Matt

      Hi Emlyn,

      Yes, it would

      • emlyn

        Thanks so much..


    Hi , I Amitoj sudan , an Indian citizen working in kuala lumpur , malaysia and staying with my wife and 3 year old daughter, I have recently applied for my tourist visa online
    for australia, As i would need biometrics and i have taken appointment on 29 nov 2018.
    My question is once I give my biometrics on 29 nov , should i need to attach that biometric attachment via online or what ? I m still confused . please advise from your prior experience… Thanks

    • Matt

      Hi Sir,

      Biometrics is usually submitted by the accredited agency (who took it from you) to the Australian High Commission.

      • Amitoj

        It means I don’t need to do it from my side . Thanks a lot for your advise .. much appreciated

        • Matt

          Yes, correct. Good luck Sir!

  • amitoj singh

    hi there, I need to check with you , As i got a form 1234i in my attachment , do u know about this or do i need to fill it up . It says your personal identyfying information but there is no form where i can filled it up . Is it says biometric requirement only which i need to give later on . Thanks

    • Matt

      Hi, I do not know about the 1234i attachment. We did not use it during the visa application. Sorry.

  • Amitoj

    Thanks for your swift reply

  • emlyn

    sorry for another concern, if in case I dont have a bank statement but my grandmother who is an australian citizen will provide everything for my tour attaching her statutory declaration etc, is it still a possible grant?

    • Matt

      Hi Emlyn, sorry I do not have an idea since I haven’t experienced the same situation as yours.

    • Sky

      You can apply for Visitor visa – Sponsored Family Stream and make your grandmother the sponsor. She just needs to provide a copy of her passport, citizenship certificate and bank statements to show she has enough funds to support you. Possible for grant, but of course it still depends on many factors and immigration people.

      • Matt

        Thanks for the info Sky!

  • Rochelle

    Thanks for this very informative post! ??

  • Rayne

    With regards to the bank statement of my personal account, how much money should be in there if I will apply for a week or two?

    Thank you sooo much! :)

  • Cezz

    Hi, inquire ko lng if you have an idea.. My husband and I applied for austalian tourist visa. We used only 1 immi account.. We submitted our application on the same date.. My husband already got his visa approved but I have not yet receive mine.. Possible ba na magkaibang date namin mareceive ung visa approval even if sabay kami nagsubmit and isang immi account lng ang gamit namin?

    Would appreciate your feedback.

    Thank you!

    • Matt

      Hi Cezz,

      Yes, it is possible because it also happened to me during our visa application :-)

  • Mary Joy

    Sir nabanggit nyo po na kailangan e submit Yong passport pages na may stamp na.E paano po if first time ko lang po Yong first page lang ba ng passport ko Yong E submit ko?

    • Matt

      Yes yung first page since wala naman ibang page na may stamp.

      • Cezz

        Ung passport ko din, walang stamps.. Pero di ko inaattach ung first page. Then nung sinubmit namin may nagprompt parang justification why walang attachment.. Nagcomment lng kami na it’s my first out of the country travel kaya wala na kming inaattach.. Ok lng ba un, kung wala kming attachment?

        • Matt

          Hi Cezz,

          Sorry I have no idea. If it is really your first time to travel, then there is no need to worry about it.

  • Rayne

    With regards to the bank statement of my personal account, how much money should be in there if I will apply for a week or two?

    Thank you sooo much! :)

    • Matt

      Hi Rayne,

      I actually do not know the minimum amount that should be in the bank account.

  • Mini


    I’ve questions regarding visa application for Filipino to Australia. My partner (same-sex) she’s a Filipino and I am a Singaporean. I’d like to know if she can put my name down as her partner under one of the sections stated in the visa application form or would that raise questions for her?

    • Matt

      Hi Mini,

      I am sorry I do not know since I haven’t experienced that same instance. But in my opinion, if she have the right documents like own bank account, employment pass then she can apply for a visa on her own.

  • Choi

    Hi Matt!

    Happy New Year!

    I have a question, should I submit just a scanned copy of the passport and NSO birth certificate or should I have it notarized?

    Also, I am a bit worried because I currently work as a freelance photographer and have yet to register the business or a dti business name. I have enough funds saved up from my freelance work for the trip though. My sister will be helping me with my finances during my trip in addition to my travel money. She is an Australian citizen already and has a house of her own in Canberra.

    Do you think this would be strong enough evidences for me to get a visitor’s visa?

    Thank you.

    • Matt

      Hi Choi,

      During my application we also submitted a scanned copy of all the documents. The documents were also NOT notarized yet we were granted visitor visa.

      Having a relative in Australia I think can be advantageous for you since for sure someone will assist you there during your tour.

      I hope your visa application will be granted. Good luck and enjoy!!!

      • Choi

        Glad to know that Matt!

        I decided to postpone my submission, I will register my photography business first for good measure and for future-proofing for other travels as well.

        Thank you again!

        • Matt

          Sure, all the best for you Choi.

  • Rayne Aggabao

    Hi! In addition, they required the print name at the back of the passport photo? Should I print the name or can just write at the back of the photo and attach it?

    Thank you so much!!

    • Matt

      Hi Rayne, During our application we just wrote the names at the back of the photo :-)

  • Moa

    Hello po just a question. Halimbawa po naaprovr na yung visa application, kelan po ako dapat umalis bago maexpire yung visa? Kumabaga po sa cheke, kelan magiging stale dated yung visa ko? Do i have to leave iwthin a period of time otherwise it will expire na? Thank you po sa sagot in advance! Very helpful po yung blog nio.

    • Matt

      Hi Moa, your travel date (arrival and departure) should be within the dates of your visa validity.

  • Connie

    Am working here in Sg and planning to travel to oz with my parents but they are based in Philippines. We will be travelling together and will sponsor my parents trip. When I appy for tourist visa can I use as group?

    • Matt

      Hi Connie, yes you can. You only need to create 1 immi account for all of you. But each of your parents need to fill up online application form under that immi account.

  • Brian

    Hi Matt, Brian here. It’s my 1st time applying for tourist visa. I have all the required documents. Planing to have it scanned this week. My question is, should I choose the multiple entry or single entry? Follow up question , if I choose multiple entry will they downgraded it into single entry? Or it may lead to not granting my visa at all. I really appreciate your reply. Salamat :)

    • Matt

      Hi Brian, you can choose single or multiple entry visa. But it still depends on the immigration officer if they will grant what you want. Another thing is your purpose of visit. Are you planning to visit Australia multiple times within the duration of your visa of just one time to see the country.

      In my case, we chose multiple entry visa and it was granted.

      Good luck to you!!! I Hope your visa will be granted.

  • Rayne Aggabao

    Already submitted my application last Thursday and now waiting for result. May I know what exact dates yours was granted and what time was the email sent so I can monitor my time?

    Thank you so much for your assistance! :)

    • Matt

      Hi Rayne, as to exact date, i can’t remember because it was granted back in 2016. I would suggest that you check your email regularly because for sure they will send you are reply.

  • Alden Joyce

    Hi po! Thank you so much po for creating this post. Your site is a big help for us. :) And your time and effort to answer the questions here.

    Anyway, I am planning to have a tour in Australia at the end of March 2019. I am currently employed, and I just secured a copy of my certificate of employment. I worked for this company since May 2017. I have some questions po. Bear with me please. This is my first time to travel and apply for a visa, so I don’t have any idea. I’m planning to submit my application early February 2019. My boyfriend will sponsor my ticket, food and accomodation.

    1. I have a payroll account, but the problem is, palagi ko pong winiwithdraw lahat ng laman nun. And I don’t have any savings din po. I just opened a savings account in BPI last week with initial deposit of 10k. I’ll ask my dad to transfer money from 50k-100k. Will it be enough po? But the problem is, I just opened that account. I’m just worried that it might be questioned.

    2. My boyfriend will sponsor all, but there’s no boyfriend on the list of sponsor. So I’ll just put Self-funded and will just explain that he will shoulder those expenses. Should I need his bank statement or just invitation letter is enough?

    3. Can I change my travel plans after receiving my visa? I’m planning to stay there for 3 months, but I’m worried that I may need a bigger amount of show money. So will just indicate that I’ll be staying for 1 month. Question: Is it okay po na ang ilagay sa planned date of arrival and date of departure is good for one month, pero will really stay there between 1-3 months?

    4. ITR. Since wala pa pong updated BIR form 1701, I don’t think I can submit it as evidence. Is it okay po?

    5. Can my dad (Filipino citizen, residing in the Philippines) sponsor me po for a tv if I am illegitimate?

    Your response is highly appreciated. God bless po and more power :)

    • Matt

      Hi Alden,

      I can only answer your questions based on my experience and opinion. But hopefully, it can be of help to you!

      1. I think payroll is not needed what matters is the certificate of employment. Because COE will be a reason that you will come back to the Philippines after visiting Australia. I think there is a comment (in this post) that one of the reason he/she was not granted visa is because the person is not employed in PH.

      YES, you need to show that you have enough pocket money during the visa application and tour. This is to show that you will not be a burden to their country during your travel. If your BF will be the one to shoulder your travel expenses I would suggest that the arrangement will just be between you two.

      2. I think you cannot declare self funded then borrow bank statement from your BF. It is contradicting. If possible, you can just borrow from him then deposit to your bank for additional funds.

      3. In my experience, you can change your travel plans as long as it is within the validity of your visa. Usually the visa validity is one year. But read carefully the “Stay Period” rules in your visa grant because sometimes it states there “1 month from the date of each arrival.” So hindi ka pwede lumagpas dun. Please check my visa grant screenshot in the post so you will have idea.

      4. ITR is not needed based on my experience.

      5. I do not know how to answer this question.

      You can check the comment section in this post for additional information.

      Good luck to your application!

      • Arce

        Hi im Arce I just wanna ask I want To Go for work in Australia am a healthcare worker professional what are the steps would I Do because there is no direct recuitment agency applying for that position , am a licensed Pharmacist here in Phils. Thanks

        • Matt

          Hi Arce, I am sorry this post is about Australian tourist visa application. I think the best way to find a legit job for Australia is through the official website of POEA

  • Shekinah

    Hello po, thank you for this post po, I am applying for the visa of my family (7 people) none are underage. For the Form 956A do i have to make one for each of them or 1 form with all their signatures would be okay po? thank you so much!

    • Matt

      If none is underage then I think you do not need to fill up 956A form as each of the person can communicate with the immigration officer and apply their own visa online.

      However, if you will be the sole representative of each person to communicate with Australian immigration officer then they should fill up their respective 956A form. Have it scanned and uploaded it with their application.

  • Bryan

    Hi Matt. Bryan again. I’ve already lodged my requirements. I haven’t submitted it yet. Still waiting for my friends invitation letter. 1st Question, on my picture passport size, I already scanned the front face and upload it. But the back portion of it with my name, do I still have to scan it? As in yung name ko lang? 2nd: can’ locate where will I upload my Birth cert(PSA) , need your help. Thank you again Matt. Cheers!

    • Matt

      Hi Bryan, as far as I remember you do not need to upload passport size photo as it will be taken during the biometrics. You can upload scanned copy of your birth certificate in the “list of attachments” together with other supporting documents.

  • Imee

    Hi Matt!

    Will it be possible to present my friend bank account and sponsor me on my travel for tourist visa? Or do I need to have my own bank account?

    • Matt

      It should be your own bank account.

      • Imee

        Do you have idea how much should i have in my bank account?
        Thanks again!

        • Matt

          Hi Imee, I do not know what value is enough, but during our 10-day tour the pocket money we have is around 5000 AUD. We are family of three. So I think for a single person 3000 AUD is enough. It will cover the hotel, food, land transportation, and sim card.

  • Weng Soliman

    Hi! I am currently applying for Australian for me and my husband. I have created my Immi Acct and have have created applications for both of us in that acct. in completing my husband’s application, the section ” Do you authorise another person to receive written correspondence on their behalf” do I answer “Yes”, because it will be me? shall I.fill out 956 form in this case? Or do I answer “no” and put his email address instead? his email though needs to be verified right because he doesnt have an Immi acct?
    Hoping for your reply! thanks in advance!!

  • Weng Soliman

    hello! do I need to fill up 956 form for my husband’s application. I have an immi acct and have lodge his visa application together with mine. how did you do it.for your husband? what did you put in the section “authorised recipient”? yes or no? thanks!

    • Matt

      Hi Weng,

      You can fill out 956 form for your husband so you will be the authorized person to communicate with the immigration on his behalf. Or the easiest is just input his own email address so the immigration officer will directly contact him whenever there is need for additional information. Based on my experience the spouse’s email address need not be verified.

      • Weng Soliman

        Thanks so much! this is helpful..I already submitted our applications! ??????

        • Matt

          Welcome, enjoy with your tour!

          • Weng Soliman

            our visas got approved!! yayy! thanks again for this helpful blog!

          • Matt

            Wow, enjoy!!! To save money you can read the foreign exchange suggestion part in this post.



    • Matt

      What we did at that time is we let him wrote his name on number 24 “Declaration by client”

  • Cha

    Hi Matt! I have lodged my application however I’m still confused on the question regarding country of residence. I am currently in Singapore on a visitor visa, I’m with my husband who has a working visa here. Both of us are applying for Visitor visa in Australia. Please give advice. Thanks!

    • Matt

      Hi Cha,

      If you are in visitor visa in Singapore then your country of residence should be Philippines. Regarding your husband, his country of residence is Singapore since he has a valid working visa there.

      • Cha

        Thanks a lot Matt! =)

        • Matt

          Welcome, I hope your visa will be granted. Good luck!!!

          • Cha

            Dear, I have another one po =) How did you answer the question: Are you or have you been known by any other name? I am using my maiden name on my passport. Shall I answer Yes for this question, and put my married name?

          • Matt

            Hi Cha,

            This is actually a tough question. Unfortunately, I do not know how to answer this one since when we applied for the visa, my wife already updated her passport to reflect her married name.

  • Sheila

    Hi Matt! Did your wife also submitted cover letter? TIA

    • Matt

      We submitted one cover letter for the whole family.

  • Mara

    Hi, you have a very helpful blog post. I have few questions to ask also…
    1. My family (husband, me and child) will apply for a tourist visa and our travel date is July 1 to 7, 2019. Now, my mother would also be applying as she plans to travel on July 9, 2019. Should we apply as a group since we are family or should my mother apply separately as she has different travel date?

    2. I am a housewife and my husband and I don’t have a joint bank account. Should his bank account statement suffice for me and our child’s application?

    3. If we will file a group application – I also have some questions:
    My mother has a relative (my father’s cousin) there, which she is going to declare since she’s going to stay with them during her trip but she will be the one to finance her vacation.

    Is it okay for us (me, husband and child) not to declare this relative (father’s cousin) as we don’t intend to visit them anyway and we are also not close to them. Will there be a conflict?

    Thank you!

    • Matt

      Hi Mara,

      Here are my answers to your questions:
      1. To make it simpler, your mother can lodge separate application since she has different travel date. Another suggestion is you can make the travel dates of your mom similar to your family (so you can apply as a group). The reason is that visa grant validity is usually one year. For sure the travel dates of your mom will still be in the duration of the visa validity.
      2. Yes, it will suffice (assuming it has enough funds)
      3. If this is the case, then she can lodge separate visa application. Or, you can try my suggestion in answer number 1.

      I do not have idea whether to declare or not your father’s cousin.

      • Mara

        Hi! We all got are visas already. Thanks for your tips through your blog!

        • Matt

          Hi Mara,

          Wow, enjoy and safe travel.

  • Mara

    Thanks so much!

    • Matt

      Welcome and good luck!!!

  • Joan


    I have a question I hope you can help me.
    I was invited by a company where I work for to attend a conference in Melbourne, my husband and daughter will accompany me so we can have a short holiday after the conference. My company will cover our flight and accommodation.

    Question – what visa class will we apply? It’s Business Visa for me but how about my husband and child? Do I need to lodge a Tourism Visa for them or a similar Business Visa like mine?

    Thank you so much,

    • Matt

      Hi Joan, in my opinion you can apply for a tourist visa for them.

  • Nenita Rivera

    Hi Matt
    Gusto sana ako iapply ng pamangkin ko evisitor visa nasa australia sya ngayon citizen n sila ng family nya kc mag aalaga ako ng anak nya…my show money din ba ako? Need ko po bang magsubmitt ng bank statement?pero kc sila ang maglolodge ng application ko e duon sa australia..tnx in advance sa reply mo

    • Matt

      Hi Nenita, I am sorry maam wala po ako idea. The best way po is they inquire directly to Australian immigration about your concern on how they can invite you to come to Australia.

  • Marie

    Hi Matt, my family and I are planning to apply for Australian Tourist visa. I would like to ask if it is okay to state that my husband will be the one to finance our trip even if I am also employed? My salary is not enough to fund my travel but my husband’s business income will suffice.

    If so, does that mean I don’t need to provide my employment contract, bank statements etc? Or should I still attach those along with my husband’s? Thank you.

    • Matt

      Hi Marie, if your husband’s business income is enough then you do not need to provide own bank statement. But if it is easy for you to acquire such document then you may also attach it along with your husband’s for added weight on your family’s visa application. Good luck!!!

      • Marie

        Thanks Matt!

        • Matt

          Welcome and Good Luck!!!

          • Marie

            Got our visas after 14 calendar days. Thank you!

          • Matt

            Hi Marie,

            Happy to be of help. Enjoy!

  • Van

    Ask q lng po kpg tourist visa like one month lng kailangan pa ba Ng medical examination?

    • Matt

      Hi Van, as far as I know, tourist visa application does not require medical examination.

  • may

    ask lang po regarding sa form 956A , my son i just 3 years old,
    yung details ba nya ilalagay ko dun sa part A tapos pano nya sign ung declaration e hinde pa cya marunong magsulat. tnx in advance

    • Matt

      HI May, yes you need to key in the name of visa applicant in questionnaire number 14. You can print his name in item number 24.

      • may

        Hi! follow up lang po..required kasi sa anak ko is yung form 956aA, upon reviewing, i should submit only form 956 because im his mother (exempt person) ? or both ?
        tnx ulit

        • Matt

          Hi May, you only need to submit only one form (based on my experience). If based on your review you need to submit 956A then I think you should do it.

          Good luck!

          • may

            hi matt! we got our visa today !! yay!! thanks for your blog!

          • Matt

            Hi May,

            Wow, nice to hear that. Enjoy your trip.

  • Dianne

    Hi! Is it too late to apply TV for our family of 3? We can submit our visa by June 3 or 4. We plan to. Travel at the end of june til july 6. It’s too sudden of a decision for us since our daughter just finisher her summer extra curricular activities yesterday.

    • Matt

      Based on my experience the visa approval only takes 5 to 7 days after submitting all the required documents. So, I think there is still enough time.

  • Michelle Dc

    Hi! Thank you for this but can you help me? We are family of 3(me, hubby and 6yo daughter) and applying for TV. I’m a bit confused. Which form do I need to fill up? Is it form 956A as you mentioned above or form956.

    Good luck!!!

    • Matt

      Hi Michelle,

      Regarding the two forms, please check which one is applicable to your current situation. During my TV application I fill up the Form 956 for my son which at that time is 10 years old.

  • Michelle Dc

    Saka another one, san ko iattach ung form after ko po mafill up?

    • Matt

      You need to scan the form then upload it in your immiaccount.

  • Mel

    Tanong lang po. I have 1 year multiple tourist visa na nakuha ko sa Qatar. Nag resigned na ako sa work ko dito sa Qatar. Nakalagay na address kasi sa visa ko ay Address ko sa Qatar. Tanong ko lang kailangan ko ba iupdate yung address ko sa visa ko which is my address sa Pilipinas o kahit hindi na, wala kasi akong immiaccount by vfs global ako nag apply kaya di ko ma update sa immiaccount.

    • Matt

      Hi Mel,

      I am sorry I do not know how to answer your question. You can inquire directly to Australian embassy about it.

  • drei

    hi we are applying for sponsored family stream. my wife and our 10month old daughter. ang mag sponsor samin is yung mother in law ko which is citizen. ang concern ko lang is plan sana namin sa july 29 magpunta to celebrate our daughter’s bday. pero bukas palang kami mag lodge. sabi kasi sa immigration website 41-62days ang processing time. aabot pa kaya kami? nasusunod kaya yung processing time sa website?

    • Matt

      Hi Drei,

      Based on experience, our visa was granted 5 days after we submit all the requirements. I’m not giving you false hope, but you can still give it a try lodging your visa application online. Submit all the documents the soonest. You will never know unless you try.

      Make a backup plan also, in case the visa processing really takes 40 to 60 days. Good Luck!!!

  • Jess

    Hi Good morning! I submitted my application on June 03,2019 And I was just wondering why it’s taking so long, I talked to other people And base on their experience they got granted after a week :( it say on my application that the processing timetable is 16-27 days, I’m just really nervous about the result I dont know if I get granted or not :( , hope by next week or this week I’ll be able to get a response from them :( And thank you also for this wonderful information :)) god bless you!.

    • Matt

      I also do not know why it takes long time but please give them time. Good luck to you!

  • Lorraine

    Hi! I’m applying for a tourist visa and I will be staying at my friend’s place as my accomodation for 9 days. With that, I asked for an invitation letter from him and proof of identity. But he said he doesn’t have a passport. Only a gov issued ID. Also he don’t want to send his bank stmt.
    My questions are:
    1. Would an Aus gov issued ID suffice as proof of identity?
    2. Since he won’t send his bank stmt, is there a need really for it when I am the one spending for my travel and living expenses as I will just stay at his place for accomodation only.
    3. I ask for a rental pmt copy, contract or any that will prove that he is staying in that unit as addtional proof. Would this suffice also?

    Thanks and God bless.

    • Matt

      Hi Lorraine,

      Regarding question 1. I do not have an idea about it.
      re Q2 you need to provide your own bank statement to prove that you have enough funds during your stay in Australia.
      re Q3 I also do not have an idea about it.


      • Fran G

        Hi Lorraine,
        My questions are:
        1. Would an Aus gov issued ID suffice as proof of identity? Yes, the best IDs can be passport, birth certificate, citizenship certificate. Driver’s license is also possible.
        2. Since your friend is not sponsoring your trip, you won’t need his bank statement.
        3. Since you will be staying at your friend’s for accommodation, a rental pmt copy or contract or any utilities bill (electricity, gas, water) that can prove that he is staying in that unit as additional proof should suffice.
        Regards, Fran

        • Matt

          Hi Fran G,

          Thank you for sharing.

  • Divine

    Hello, just wanna ask if how much money in the bank is required to apply for tourist visa? I am also residing here in Singapore and I will fund my trip.


    • Divine

      By the way I am planning to visit for 5 days only.

      • Matt

        Hi Divine,

        There is no specific amount required but at least have 2k to 3k sgd in your bank account.

  • Yuri

    Hi Matt,

    Hope you could help me with these. We are family of 3 (Me, my husband and 4 yr old daughter). We plan to visit Australia by October. I’m a working mom. My husband is unemployed since he’s the one taking care of my daughter. We dont have joint account. Can my husband use my bank cert and statement as attachment for the requirement of proof of funds.

    Thanks in advance.

    • Matt

      Hi Yuri,

      Yes, he can do that. Good luck to your visa application.

  • Tyrone

    Hi. Do my 6 and 9 yr. old kids need to sign the application or just let them write their name? Thanks!

    • Matt

      Hi Tyrone,

      What I actually did is I let my son wrote his name in the application so I think you can also do the same. Good luck!

  • Sheryl

    Hi, your blog is very helpful, i am attaching documents for my Visa application (600),regarding sa Form 54 Family Composition, kailangan pa po ba yon? You said that your docs are in jpeg format, pde din po ba ang combination ng .doc &.pdf sa mga attach documents? and lastly po ang birth cert ko, saang part ng additional attach documents nyo inilagay? Thank you so much,hope you can advise me :)

    • Matt

      Hi Sheryl,

      I think IMMI requires that documents should in be JPEG format prior to uploading it with your application.

      Birth certificates are uploaded the same way you upload your other supporting documents. There is no specific uploading slot for birth certificate.

      My suggestion is you change the file name of your birth certificate and include your complete name on the file name. For example, since your name is Sheryl plus your surname, the file name of your birth cert should be “Sheryl Surname Birth Certificate”.

      Good Luck!!!

  • Fran G

    Hi Matt,
    We’re in the process of applying for a tourist visa for my sister, who is in the Philippines. We did not have a good experience with VFS Global in Manila, so we have decided to use an immi account this time. My question is: Where do we upload the covering letter and proposed itinerary? In the categories for documents to be uploaded, there isn’t one for a cover letter/itinerary. In the case of my invitation letter to my sister, I just uploaded it under the Proof or evidence of relationship.
    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    regards, Fran

    • Matt

      Hi Fran G,
      After you have filled up the IMMI form completely. You will be directed to the “Attached Documents” page. You need to upload your travel itinerary on the part that asks “Evidence of Planned Tourism Activities in Australia.”

      This question appears depending on your answers to the questionnaires or the country where you lodge the visa application.

      My theory is, it did not appear because you lodge the application while you are in Australia or you have supplied all the information needed by IMMI. Thus, you do not need to provide a travel itinerary.

      You may request your sister to lodge her own application, who knows, there will be different sets of requirements that will be asked for her. This time, she might need to provide a travel itinerary.

      I hope I explained it enough.

      Good luck to your sister’s visa application.

  • Fran G

    Hi Sheryl,
    You can attach pdf or jpg or doc combinations, up to 60 documents for each person on most visa and citizenship applications in ImmiAccount. For your birth certificate, I think it falls under the category Evidence or proof of relation.
    If you reach the attachment limit for an applicant, you can attach more documents to other clients on the application.
    Please note: Documents cannot be attached to finalised applications.
    Identity documents can be up to 500KB each. Other documents can be up to 5MB each.
    Immi accepts files that are: .bmp, .dcm, .doc, .docx / .docx, .dot, .els, .gif, .jpg, .jpeg, .jpe, .png, .pdf, .ppt / .pptx, .rft, .txt, .xlsx
    Immi cannot accept encrypted .pdf files.
    cheers, Fran

  • Reese

    Hi! I’ve been working in SG since Aug 2014. Regarding po sa Health Declaration (page 15), “In the last five years, has any applicant visited, or lived, outside their country of passport, for more than 3 consecutive months? Do not include time spent in Australia”, my answer is “Yes” but need ko pa po mag bigay ng “Date from” and “Date to”.. my problem po is the latter, kindly advise what to put po. Many thanks! :)

    • Matt

      Hi Reese,

      You can just indicate that your Date from is August 2014, and your Date to is the date now.

  • Lorna

    hello good evening po ask ko lng po if how much do I need in my bank acct ?I’m applying tourist visa to Australia for 1year but I’m staying with my friend there

    • Matt

      Hi Lorna,

      There is no specific amount required. Try to compute it based on your number of days stay in Australia. Based on my computation it would cost 93 dollars per day plus the Airfare ticket if you need to stay in a backpackers hostel. As you said you will stay with your friends so the cost will go down from 93 dollars minus the 40 per night backpacker then its roughly 53 dollars per day plus the airfare ticket.

  • Allan

    Hi Matt,

    My wife and I applied last September 1 & fortunately our application was approved last September 12, 1 year multiple entry. I am just curious why we were not asked to undergo biometrics, is this normal?

    • Matt

      Hi Allan,

      Probably, it depends on your answers to the questionnaires when you fill-up the application form.

      I think some of the commenters of this post were also not asked for their biometrics when they apply for their Australian visa. You can scan the comments section for it.

      Please see my currency exchange suggestion in the post so you can save a lot. Enjoy your trip with wifey.

      • Allan

        Thank you Matt! Your website has helped us a lot in our application.

    • Sunil

      Hello. Mam

      I need your help if you can help e it will be my pleasure . I need travel itinerary for Canada visa. Like I want to fly from Tokyo to Canada Toronto. For 6 days.
      Can you help to make my 6days plan itinerary sample. Just a simple.
      Thank you so much.

  • Ryan

    Hi. I recently lodged our australian visa application last September 24, 2019. Our flight is on October 29,2019. Until now, the status of our application says “Received”. Should I contact the embassy since I think they haven’t screened our application yet (and therefore they’re not aware that our flight is 2 weeks from now). Tomorrow is the 2nd week since I lodged our application (and 10th working day). What’s your advice? Thank you

    • Ryan

      Correction: Our flight is on October 19, 2019.

    • Matt

      Hi Ryan,

      Australian immigration does not advice the applicant to purchase a plane ticket prior to the visa application.

      The visa processing time for the tourist visa (visitor visa subclass 600) ranges from 48 hours to up to 20 days. Based on your story, they are still within that given range.

      In my opinion, you can wait for few more days. Afterward, you can rebook your plane ticket. Choose which is favorable to you.

      Also, check your email both the inbox and spam regularly so you can reply the soonest whenever they require additional documents from you.

      Hoping that your visa will be granted this week. Good luck!

      • Ryan

        Hi Matt,

        Thank you for your response. I’m just curious, when they say that the visa processing time is from 48 hours to 20 days, does that include weekends? I’m thinking of calling the embassy tomorrow. But you are right, it’s still early since it’s still within the 20 days time frame. I just hope they grant us visa this week ?? And also, will the status on my Immiaccount change from “Received” to “Processing”? Or will it just stay “Received” until a decision is made?

        Thank you very much!

        • Matt

          Hi Ryan,

          1. Based on what I have read, they did not state if that 48 hours to 20 days include weekends (you may check the frequently asked question part of this blog post for reference).

          2. Regarding if the status will change from ‘Received to Processing,’ below are the list of status that can be seen:

          An application may have one of the following status values.
          – Submitted
          – Received
          – Initial assessment
          – Further assessment
          – Finalised
          You can view its respective meaning at

          Based on my experience the ‘finalized’ status will be reflected under your name if your application is granted.

          • Ryan

            Until now, the status still says “Received” :( Our flight is 8 days from now. Do group applications take longer than single applications? I hope they are aware of our departure date.

  • jane

    Hi, Matt.

    My parents (both senior citizen and now unemployed) and I are all in the PH and planning to visit my sister in AU. My sister is not a PR yet.

    I’m planning to pay for all the fees for our whole stay in Australia. Should i get a group visa application for my parents and I? Do they still need to submit a SOA or any financial documents even if i’ll sponsor the trip?

    Lastly, do you have any idea of how much will i need to put on my bank account for the “show money” if applicable, given that i’ll be paying for 3?


    • Matt

      Hi Jane,

      1. You can still apply for a tourist visa for the 3 of you even though your sister is not yet a PR.

      2. Yes, you can do a group application. Your parents can submit your SOA or bank statement. They have to indicate in the application that the expense will be shouldered by their daughter.

      3. Sample computation only for your reference:
      Computation A: If you will be traveling ALONE and you will stay in a hotel, it would cost you roughly 200 AUD per day per person. Note that the bulk of the expense goes to the hotel.
      Computation B: If you will be staying in a hostel it is around 93 AUD per day per person.
      These sample computations cover the food, room, opal card, and internet.

      The 3 of you can stay in 1 room, therefore, can share its cost per day. For this matter, we can use Computation B or 93AUD per day per person or a total of 279AUD per day.

      279 AUD multiply it by 10 DAYS its around 2790 AUD. For a 10 day tour in Australia, you need at least 2790 AUD or 104k pesos in your bank account when you apply for a visa. To be on the safe side, I suggest that you make it a higher maybe 1.5X or 2X. Anyway, you only need to spend what you need and the unused funds will just stay in your bank account.

      Airfare is not included in 2790 AUD.

      I hope I was able to help. Good luck with your application.

  • Cecilia

    did you scan the form 956 for minor after you fill out?

    • Matt

      Yes, then I upload it in my immi account.

  • Vanessa

    Hi, Matt! I’m here to thank you for this blog. I’d been reading it before I lodged my tourist visa application and I can say that it really helped me in getting my visa approved. I received my Visa Grant notice today after a week of processing. Thanks heaps, mate!

    • Matt

      Hi Vanessa,

      Wow, glad to hear that. Enjoy Aus mate!

  • AnxiousMom

    Hi, Matt.

    I’m glad to have found your blog. It’s really helpful.

    I have a concern about taking a holiday to Sydney with my son. He is a minor and an illegitimate child. His biological father and I did not get married and are not together anymore.

    My question is, do i need to comply with Form 1229 (consent document for minors)? do i need the father of my child to sign it?

    In our country, illegitimate minors travelling with biological mothers are exempted for travel clearance.

    • Matt

      Hi Mom,

      I also do not have an idea regarding the 1229 form. My suggestion for you is to seek help from a travel agency such as VFS Global branch in the Philippines. They can advise you better on this matter.

      I hope my suggestion can help!

  • Rose

    Hi Matt,
    Thank you for your blog! naifollow ko lang yung step by step procedure ng application na nasa blog mo and after 7 days i got my visa, multiple entries for one year. Ask ko lang if yung validity nya na one year is nag effect na from the day of grant? or after my first entry to australia?
    Thank you po!

    • Matt

      Hi Rose,

      I will take effect based on the date on your visa grant. Enjoy your tour in Australia.

  • Geo

    Hi. Would like to ask regarding on form 956, on #14 – Applicant’s Cellphone Number, should I write my cellphone instead? My child doesn’t have cellphone yet. Thanks!

    • Matt

      Yes you should write your cellphone number.

  • Girlie

    Hi. I’m confused, is it Form 956 or 956A for minor child? Hoping to hear from you. Thanks in advance!

    • Matt

      Hi Girlie, based on my experience it is Form 956. We fill-up the form for my son who is a minor that needs a guardian to communicate with the immigration officer on his behalf.
      The photo of the 956 form included in this post is the actual form we sent online during our visa application.

  • Emz

    Hi Matt,
    Do you have a sample COE format?
    For the address of the AU embassy in the COE, since it is online, what should be written on it?

  • Steff

    Another question, I’m working here in Singapore as well, can I use my work permit as my national Identity card?

  • pao

    Hi thanks for this very informative blog of yours. I only have one question

    In the immiaccount, they asked only my last name and given. Where to put my MIDDLE NAME? or not necessary na?


    • Matt

      Hi Pao,

      In my experience, I write my middle name together with the given name.

      • Pao

        Great. I went to Immi account>update details and luckily after 48 hours my middle name reflected along with my first name.

        Thanks for the info, Matt

        • Matt

          You are welcome!

        • Al

          Hello, Mat!

          I’m currently working on my visa application and I’m having a hard time with the passport documents since it now requires a certified copy of the biodata page. I’d like to know if you’ve tried applying for a tourist visa this year or the last and if merely scanning the the biodata page sufficed? I read from another blog that they obtained a certified copy from DFA.


          • Matt

            During my application, we were not asked for a certified copy of the biodata page. If it is now needed then you can just visit the nearest DFA branch to certify the photocopy of your bio page. I wish you all the best on your application.

  • Ish de Guzman

    When did you apply for visa? Was it this January?

    My first visa application (2015) took 24 hrs to be processed and I received my visa grant notice immediately.

    I have applied for visa again this January and it’s been 12 calendar days with no update or feedback. I checked the PH Australian embassy and there was notice that if you submit your application after feb 2020, there is a possibility that the application will not make it in time for holy week.

    I am trying to appease myself that there’s just really an influx of application and their processing is taking longer than usual.

    Crossing fingers!

  • Ron

    Hello Sir Matt!
    I already lodged our tourist visa application as a group, which includes me, my husband and my niece who is a minor. My sister and brother-in-law will shoulder our accommodation, food and tour around Victoria. I have attached in the evidence of planned itinerary our planned activities but their is still a recommendation to attached a Group tour details and itinerary. Do i have to put something here? Any sample this? Thank you in advance for your help. God bless!

  • Alex Nakibuule

    Hello there,

    we are a family of 3 me, husband and our 2 year old son and we are going for the hillsong conference in june to july.
    what do you advise interms of visa for us and also can we change those visas to student visas after

  • Abdullah Khan

    Hi Matt,
    Just wanted to say that this is the most useful blog I have found online for filling Australian tourist visa application. Many thanks!

Leave a Comment