These 17 state colleges and universities in the Philippines are offering Call Center or Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) course minor in Service Management.
The course specifically prepares aspiring individuals to be able to work in the Business Process Outsourcing industry and build a career around it.
The Commission of Higher Education (CHED) with the aid of the IT and Business Process Association of the Philippines (IBPAP), comes up with an idea so the curriculum will be included in the said colleges and universities for the school year 2014 to 2015.
There is a total of 21 Units and 5 subjects to complete the call center course, which includes Service Culture and English Proficiency. If you want to have a formal education with regards to call center then check out the schools indicated in this post.
List of 17 Schools that offer Call Center Course
- Batangas State University
- Benguet State University
- Bulacan State University
- Carlos Hilado Memorial State College
- Cavite State University
- Don Mariano Marcos Memorial State University
- Laguna State Polytechnic University
- Negros Oriental State University
- Northern Iloilo Polytechnic State College
- Pangasinan State University
- Philippine Normal University
- Polytechnic University of the Philippines
- Tarlac State University
- Technological University of The Philippines
- University of Southeast Philippines
- West Visayas State University
- Western Visayas College of Science and Technology
Watch the News report below:
The Philippines has more or less 70,000 job openings every year in the call center industry. According to DOLE, BPO is one of the 13 key employment generators in the country.
In terms of salary, according to payscale.com a call center representative in the Philippines has a median base salary of PhP190,000 per year or PhP15,000 per month. Adding the bonuses and benefits, it could reach as high as PhP22,000 per month or PhP264,000 per year. Furthermore, a BPO agent with less than one year of experience can earn PhP170,000 per year and the agent with 10 years or more can earn as much as Php400,000 per year.
*Credits to ABS-CBNNews.com, Logo property of respective schools