Cherry Mobile, the leading mobile phone distributor in the Philippines has released Cherry Mobile One. The first smartphone on their lineup would run the latest Android 5.1 Lollipop operating system out-of-the-box.
Cherry Mobile One is a 4.5 incher device backed with a 1.3GHz quad-core processor on the inside. The device will have a built-in 8GB of of internal storage (ROM) but has a microSD card slot to allow expansion up to 32GB.
In the case of CM One, customers will receive a free 8GB microSD card together with the package allowing the newly bought smartphones to have an initial 16GB of storage.
Android 5.1 Lollipop will be the starting OS of Cherry Mobile One. The advantage of this phone is, it will receive an automatic android update for 2 years. Basically, this solves the issues of an outdated OS that current Cherry Mobile users are experiencing.
It is safe to say, that when you buy this phone, you will be worry-free OS wise for two years. Let’s just hope that Cherry Mobile One’s hardware quality can keep up with the software updates.
Cherry Mobile One Specs and Price
- Android 5.1 Lollipop (will received android updates up to 2 years)
- 4.5-inch FWVGA IPS Capacitive Touchscreen display
- 1.3GHz MTK6582m Quad Core processor
- 8GB of internal storage (ROM)
- Expandable up to 32GB using micro SD card
- 1GB of internal memory (RAM)
- 5MP Rear camera with flash
- 2MP front facing camera
- Dual SIM / dual Standby
- HSPA+ / WiFi / GPS / Bluetooth
- 1700 mAh Li-ion battery capacity
- Price – P3999
To know more about Cherry Mobile One, visit their stores, kiosks, and dealers.