What are College Courses with Board Exams in the Philippines?

There are 56+ college courses that have board exams in the Philippines. These courses lead to professions that are regulated and supervised by the 45 Regulatory Boards under the Professional Regulation Commission.

The graduates of these courses have to take the board examination administered by the PRC and/or fulfill the requirements specified by the commission before they can practice in their field of specialization in the Philippines. Meanwhile, once they obtain their license, they have to renew it periodically.

There are college courses in the list that undergo 6 to 8 years of postgraduate programs such as Medicine, Dentistry, and Veterinary Medicine. Some of these courses are Bachelor’s degree which takes 5 years to finish such as Bachelor of Science in Engineering, and Physical Therapy.

Some of these college courses take 4 years to complete like Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, BS Accountancy, BS Nursing, and MedTech. There are also courses that require a training certificate/diploma that is acquired from 12 months to 3 years of training such as Associate in Radiologic Technology, and Diploma in Midwifery.

college courses board exam prc

Below is the complete list of College Courses with Board exams and the respective Professions it leads to in the Philippines. Also, included in the list are the vocational courses leading to professions that require registration with PRC.

Course Name Equivalent Profession
Bachelor of Science in Aeronautical Engineering Aeronautical Engineer
Bachelor of Science in Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering Agricultural and Biosystems Engineer
  Air Cond. & Refrigeration Specialist
BS in Agriculture (General Course) Agriculturist
Bachelor of Science in Architecture Architect
  Certified Mill Foreman
Completed a mine and/or quarry course of instruction from a vocational or trade school. Has at least 5 years of actual experience in mining and/or quarrying. Certified Mine Foreman
Two-year course graduate from Vocational or Trade School Certified Plant Mechanic
BS in Accountancy Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Completed a mine and/or quarry course of instruction from a vocational or trade school. Has at least 5 years of actual experience in mining and/or quarrying. Certified Quarry Foreman
BS in Chemical Engineering Chemical Engineer
At least 30 units of undergraduate Chemistry Course Chemical Technician
BS in Chemistry Chemist
  Chinese Druggist
BS in Civil Engineering Civil Engineer
Bachelor of Science in Criminology Criminologist
Bachelor of Science in Customs Administration Customs Broker
Graduate of Two years Certificate in Dental Hygiene Dental Hygienist
Two-year course graduate from Vocation or Trade School Dental Technologist
Doctor of Dental Medicine Dentist
BS in Electronics Engineering Electronics Engineer
Graduate of a minimum of two-year associate, technician, trade of vocational course in electronics or has completed at least 3rd year BS ECE
*Graduates of BS Computer Engineering must have taken the “ECE Laws & Ethics” subject.
Electronics Technician
Graduate degree in Environmental Planning, Urban and Regional Planning, City Planning, Town and Country Planning, and/or human settlements Environmental Planner
BS in Fishery Technology Fisheries Technologist
  Foreign Medical Professional
Bachelor of Science in Forestry Forester
Bachelor of Science in Geodetic Engineering Geodetic Engineer
  Geologic Aide
Bachelor of Science in Geology, BS in Geological Engineering, MS in Geology Geologist
Master’s Degree in Guidance & Counseling Guidance Counselor
BS in Interior Design Interior Designer
BS in Landscape Architecture Landscape Architect
Bachelor of Library and Information Science Librarian
BS in Architecture, Mechanical, Civil, Chemical, Mining, and Electrical Engineering graduates. For non-degree holders, a notarized 5 year of certificate of experience signed by a Registered Master Plumber Master Plumber
BS in Mechanical Engineering Mechanical Engineer
*Has failed to pass the board examination for Medical Technology but had obtained a general average rating of at least 70%. Medical Laboratory Technician
Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology Medical Technologist (MedTech)
BS in Metallurgical Engineering Metallurgical Engineer
*Has at least 10 years of experience in any metallurgical works as defined in Section 12 of Presidential Decree No. 1536 and as certified by the applicant’s present employer Metallurgical Plant Foreman
Midwife graduate from government-recognized School of Midwifery Midwife
  Midwife (RA 2382)
BS in Mining Engineering Mining Engineer
BS in Naval Architecture Naval Architect
BS in Nursing Nurse
BS in Nutrition and Dietetics Nutritionist Dietitian
Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy Occupational Therapist
  Occupational Therapist Technician
Doctor of Optometry Ocular Pharmacologist
Doctor of Optometry Optometrist
Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy Pharmacist
Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy Physical Therapist
Doctor of Medicine Physician (Medical Doctor)
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering Professional Electrical Engineer
Bachelor of Science in Electronics Engineering Professional Electronics Engineer
Bachelor of Science in Food Technology or its equivalent (BS Food Science and Technology, BS Food Engineering, BS Food Technology and Entrepreneurship, and BS Food Science) Professional Food Technologist
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (with 4 years of active practice in the ME field) Professional Mechanical Engineer
Bachelor of Science in Education Professional Teacher
Master’s Degree in Psychology Psychologist
Bachelor of Science in Psychology Psychometrician
BS in Radiologic Technology Radiologic Technologist
Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate Management (BS REM) Real Estate Appraiser
Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate Management (BS REM) Real Estate Broker
Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate Service Real Estate Consultant
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering Registered Electrical Engineer
BS EE Graduate Registered Master Electrician
Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy Respiratory Therapist
Bachelor of Science in Sanitary Engineering Sanitary Engineer
Bachelor of Science in Social Worker or Master of Science in Social Work Social Worker
Graduate of a bachelor’s degree in Speech Pathology or Speech-Language Pathology from school, college or university in the Philippines or abroad, where such degree is recognized by the CHED Speech-Language Pathologist
Doctor of Veterinary Medicine Veterinarian
Associate in Radiologic Technology X-Ray Technologist
Note: Please use this list as a reference only

How to Apply for the PRC Board Exam?

To apply for the PRC board exam, qualified degree holders must register on the PRC LERIS website at https://online.prc.gov.ph/. Afterward, the person must log in to his/her LERIS account and then proceed to the “Select Transaction” link. From there, select “Examination” in the choices.

What are the Engineering Courses without Board Exam?

Industrial Engineering and Computer Engineering are engineering courses without board exams in the Philippines.

Does BS in Information Technology have a board exam?

No, BS in Information Technology does not have a board exam.

What are the College Degrees that have high job openings abroad?

The college degrees that have high job openings abroad are Nursing, Engineering Courses, Accountancy, Education, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Doctor of Medicine, Chemistry, Information Technology, Computer Science, Medical Technology, Nutrition and Dietetics, Psychology, Radiologic Technology, Social Worker, and Veterinary Medicine. This is based on the job openings for abroad with approved job orders listed on the Department of Migrant Workers (DMW) website.

What are TESDA Courses in the Philippines?

TESDA Courses in the Philippines refer to TVET Education offered by TESDA’s accredited schools. TESDA Courses include Hairdressing, Tailoring, Driving, Electrician, Cookery, Food Processing, and Welding Technology. The average duration of vocational courses is between 144 hours to 960 hours.

How to Pass the PRC Board Exam in the Philippines?

To pass the PRC board exam in the Philippines, a person has to review the lessons, enroll in a review center class, take the refresher course, pray, and practice answering sample exam questions.

in Philippines Government Services Guides

error: Content is protected !!