This game from the developer Blizzard Entertainment is one of my favorite PC games. I started playing D1 and Expansion pack in the 90s with my Intel Pentium-powered CPU. I remembered the first character I use is the “Warrior.”
Since then, even though I completed the game many times, I still enjoyed re-running the game using the Rogue and Sorcerer. The reason is I want to explore their skillsets and types of item build.
In the year 2000, 3 years after the release of D1 in 1997, Blizzard released the newer version which is D2. In my opinion, the PC specifications that can previously run D1 can also be used to run the D2. It’s nice because a system upgrade is not yet necessary.
However, Blizzard will release D3 in 2012, which is basically after 12 years. I am pretty sure, if you plan to play the game, a system upgrade is necessary. Why? Because it’s been 12 years. The hardware that we used back then is already obsolete. Probably playing D2 with the same 12-year-old PC specifications is not even possible.
The good news though is the creator Blizzard announced the system requirements for D3 which is months ahead prior to the release of the actual game.
In this post, you will find the minimum and recommended system requirements for Microsoft Windows and also for MAC users.
Are you planning to play the newest Diablo 3 whether on desktop or laptop? Then, you have to consider knowing the game’s system requirements.
You should determine the current specification of your PC to know if it is capable of running the game smoothly.
There are still few months remaining before the game be officially launched. So if your PC is a bit old, it would be better to start saving money for a system upgrade and get the latest CPU, 3D graphics card, and RAM that would suit the game.
Here are Diablo 3 system requirements for Windows and Mac
Before you do the pre-order, you can check the game’s respective system requirements depending on your operating systems (OS). In this way, you will know if you need to get a new device to be able to enjoy and play the game seamlessly.
Diablo 3 Minimum System Requirements for Windows
– Latest Version of Windows XP/Vista/7 having the latest service pack and Direct X 9.0C
– Intel Pentium D 2.8 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
– 3D Graphics card should be NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT or ATI Radeon X1950 Pro or the latest
– 1 GB RAM if running on Windows XP and 1.5 GB of RAM if running on Windows Vista or 7
– There should be available 12 GB HD space
– DVD-ROM drive for retail and collector’s edition copy
– Broadband Internet connection (to be able to play on the battle net)
– Desktop should have 1024×748 minimum screen resolution
Recommended System Requirements for Windows
– Latest version of Windows Vista or Windows 7 having the latest service packs
– Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ 2.8 GHz
– There should be 2 GB RAM whether for windows vista or windows 7
– 3D graphics card should be NVIDIA GeForce 260 or ATI Radeon HD 4870 or the latest
Diablo 3 Minimum System Requirements for Mac
– Macintosh OS X 10.6.8, 10.7.x or newer version
– Processor should be Intel Core 2 Duo or higher
– 3D graphics card should be NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT or ATI Radeon HD 2600 or higher version
– There should have at least 2 GB of RAM
– There should be available of 12 GB HD space
– DVD-ROM drive for retail and collectors edition DVD-ROM copy
– Fast Broadband Internet connection
– Desktop should have 1024×768 minimum screen resolution
Read also: System Requirements for StarCraft II
Diablo 3 Recommended System Requirements for MAC
– Mac OS X 10.7.x or latest version
– Processor should be Intel Core 2 Duo or latest
– There should be 2 GB of RAM
– 3D graphics card should at least be NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M or ATI Radeon HD 4670 or better