Former EPS Worker in South Korea can file a Dormant Claim

Are you a former OFW particularly an Ex – EPS worker in South Korea? Chances are you still have unclaimed money in South Korea that you can get by applying for a dormant claim.

As of April 2015, there are approximately 1.27 Billion Won (the currency of South Korea) that are unclaimed by the former Employment Permit System (EPS) workers. This is under the safekeeping of the Dormant Claims Management Committee of the said country.

Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) who previously worked in the Republic of Korea who was not able to claim payment for their insurances in the span of two years, can file a dormant claim.

There are two types of insurance for EPS returnee workers. The first type is the Emigration Expiry Insurance which is the accumulated severance allowances that were paid by the employer. The second type is the Departure Expense Insurance which was shouldered by the worker.

How to File for Dormant Claim for Ex-EPS Workers

1. Verify if you can file a claim for Dormant Insurance

You can do this by calling 02-2119-2400, it is the call center number of Samsung Fire and Marine Insurance that caters to foreign workers.

2. Visit any HRDKOREA CORP or EPS Center overseas

In the case of Filipinos who worked in South Korea, they can visit EPS Center in the Philippines, Embassy of the Republic of Korea. The address is Suite 2002-A West Tower, Philippine Stock Exchange at Exchange Road, Ortigas Center, Pasig City.

Bring and submit the following documents: Passport photocopy / ID, photocopy personal bank account numbers, insurance application form, and other documents.

3. Claimant receives the Payment for dormant claims

This is through bank transfer to the worker’s personal bank account.

Here is my reference:
South Korea former EPS worker

For complete details visit or the official website of POEA For the latter, you can go to the lowest left portion of the homepage. Under the “Announcements,” visit the EPS-TOPIK link. On the new page, hover your mouse to the “Unclaimed and Dormant EPS Insurance.” To know if you are part of the list of EPS returnee workers who have not claimed the insurance refund.

* I hope this helps guys

in Job Hiring Opportunities
0 comments… add one

Leave a Comment