Want to become a Game Programming Teacher? Game Developers Association of the Philippines (GDAP) in partnership with TESDA is offering 10 months training course for free (no tuition fee). The complete requirements can be found below.
The free game programming training course is open to fresh graduate / experienced computer studies program / computer engineering degree holders. The course will run for 10 months; class is whole day Mondays to Fridays. To be accepted in the program, interested trainees should pass the entrance exam which will be given by PhilKor HRDI. Those who will complete the course will be offered a job from TESDA as Game Programming NC III trainers.
Game Programming Training Requirements
1. A Bachelor’s degree in any Computer Studies Program, Computer Engineering included.
2. With Skill Functions which will be validated by an entrance exam to be administered by the PhilKor HRDI using a tool made by GDAP.
3. Not only logical in structure, but has appreciation for art too.
4. Knowledge of at least one (1) programming language is a preference.
5. Has the capacity and confidence to communicate both in Filipino and English for both oral and written.
6. Physically able to manipulate a mouse, track-ball, electronic pen, etc.
7. Must have knowledge of video / computer games in any platform.
8. Has the patience and passion to transfer his / her knowledge in game programming.
If you think you meet all the eight (8) requirements, you can apply to the scholarship program by sending email to pktcc(at)tesda.gov.ph or training(at)gdap.org (replace the at sign with @). You can also call +639175225621 and look for Ms. Magpantay.
There will be 2 batches with 24 trainees each batch for this year. Training venue will be at PhilKor HRDI in Taguig.