Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW) who are currently in the Philippines can now process their POEA OEC application online at the comfort of their home assuming they have a personal computer or laptop connected to the internet.
POEA has soft-launched what they called Balik Manggagawa (BM) Online system. It allows OFWs who are currently at the country to process their Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) online. It is an easier and more convenient way of getting the document.
Steps to Process your POEA OEC Application Online and Requirements
1. Go to bmonline.poea.gov.ph to access the Balik manggagawa online processing system
2. Fill up the form carefully, use a valid and working email address. Once done tick the “I accept the terms of service.” A new window will pop-up, choose to accept.
3. Go to Sign Me Up (located at the lower part of the ‘New User?’ frame). New window will pop-up. Just choose ‘Okay’).
4. Check your email account (the one you used to register with POEA). Wait for the email sent by POEA (also check your spam folder) sometimes emails are stored there for whatever reason.
5. Click the confirmation link. It will send you back to Balik Manggagawa Website. A window will pop-up again telling that you account just got activated.
6. Log-in now to your account under the ‘Already Registered’ frame. Use your email address and password.
7. New window will pop-out asking for the OEC number verification (enter the last issued OEC number). Since you are New balik manggagawa account users, you should choose the ‘Click Here’ to book for an appointment. (You will then be forwarded to new page)
8. Fill out the Personal Data form completely. Make sure that you supply information on asterisks (*) mark fields as you won’t be able to proceed to the next page without completing it. Then hit Save.
Needed information: Passport number and expiration, visa validity, birthplace, SSS, Philhealth, Pag-ibig, local mobile phone number, mother’s full maiden name and many others.
9. Personal data summary will show up. Edit it to make some corrections. Edit link is located adjacent to Personal Data.
10. Complete the second form (Contact Particulars). Fill up the company / employer/ position. There are choices in the dropbox. Make sure that you choose exactly the one shown in the dropbox. You may also edit it as you please to the next page. Save the changes. Needed information: Salary, departure date and arrival, and contract duration.
11. Complete the third form (Legal beneficiaries / Qualified Dependents). Supply the needed information, then save.
12. Go to the next step. A new window will pop-up asking for your flight schedule, supply the information accordingly. Then submit.
13. You will now choose the closest POEA office based on your current location. Then hit next.
14. Choose your desired date and time based on the available schedule, for your appointment.
15. A new window will pop-up showing the copy of your print out form. Review it the details on it once again.
16. Print your OEC
Watch the Video for additional details
POEA OEC Online Application Payments and Fees
According to POEA Administrator Hans Leo Cacdac, there is a P100 POEA fee plus the P19.50 service fee for the use of e-payment portal. Check the available online payment options.
This is very cheap if compared to traveling going to any POEA Satellite offices in the Philippines.
Why do you need an OEC
Every Overseas Filipino Workers require an overseas employment certificate (OEC) issued by POEA prior to leaving the country.
It is one of the rules and regulations imposed by Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) to make sure that workers leaving for abroad have proper documentations hence, protecting them while they are working outside the country. It serves as an Exit Pass, a document that should be presented in the airport / seaports bound outside the Philippines.
There are perks of having an OEC. Holders are exempted on travel tax and terminal fees.
Those OFWs who will stay in the Philippines for maximum of 5 days (for holidays and vacations) can get their POEA OEC at the airport’s labor assistance counter.
how can i get OEC im here in zamboanga city
Hi Maria, you can get an OEC online at POEA website. You can print it a hard copy or save it on your mobile device for future reference.
Ang last departure date,, \no po ilalagay, yung departure ko from hk to phil,, or phil to hk? Pakilinaw lang po
Hi! Question, this is my first time traveling back to philippines, I don’t have OEC yet, when i applied online, they said that my departure should be atleast 60 days to get OEC. Is it possible for me to get my OEC in the Philippines instead? Thanks for the answer.
i forgot my password and every time i entered the password provided in my registered email add it is not accepting..five times i tried but it’s same outcome..why?? did i missed something?? please advise
Can I ask what should I put on last departure?
And this is my first vacation here in the Philippines with resident visa, should I need OEC?
And my flight is always cancelled because of corona virus lockdown… thanks for the answer
Hi, this is my first time to get OEC. How long it will takes? Thank you.
Hello po requirements po ba n not less than 1 year ang validity passport MO before u can get oec pag babalik ka sa abroad same country but different employer?
Hello!…why i cant print my oec?..
I would like to ask how to make an appointment for OEC before it’s very fast now it’s difficult.