Israel has job openings for Filipino Caregivers with No placement fees and No recruitment fees. Interested applicants need to apply directly to POEA/DMW. The estimated salary is 77320.4 Philippine pesos per month plus other benefits and medical insurance.
It is the POEA/DMW that will be doing the processing and screening of the applicant under the government-to-government hiring program between the Philippines and Israel.
Israel Job Openings for Filipino Caregivers
Israel has job openings for caregivers that qualified Filipino caregivers can apply to via the POEA/DMW.
What are the Qualifications when Applying for Homebased Caregivers in Israel
- Must be a Citizen of the Philippines
- At least 23 years old
- At least 4 feet 11 inches in height (1.5 meters) with a minimum weight of 45 Kg (99.2 pounds)
- High School graduate and holder of Caregiving NC II certificate (equivalent to 760 hours of training) from TESDA OR a graduate of Bachelor of Science in Nursing OR Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy
- Proficient in the English language
- Physically and mentally healthy and capable of doing difficult caregiving work
- Has clean records from the National Bureau of Investigation
- Has no previous work experience in the country of Israel
- No first-degree relatives who are presently working or living in Israel
What are the Required Documents
- Print-out of E-registration account
- Online Pre-Employment Orientation Seminar (PEOS) Certificate
- Copy of Caregiver training certificate from TESDA-accredited schools
- Scanned copy of data page of Philippine passport. It should be valid for at least 3 years)
- Valid NBI clearance
- Copy of Philippine Statistics Office (PSA) birth certificate
- Copy of UMID ID or National ID or Postal ID or Voter’s ID or Driver’s license of the applicant
- Copy of UMID ID or National ID or Postal ID or Voter’s ID or Driver’s License of applicant’s spouse
- Other requirements requested by the Population, Immigration, and Border Authority (PIBA)
How much is the Monthly Salary of Caregivers in Israel
The gross minimum salary is 5300 NIS (New Israeli Shekels) per month or equivalent to 77320.4 pesos. The employer will provide accommodation for the caregiver at the home of the PWD during the tenure of the employment, plus a minimum of 7 days stay to the place once the employment is terminated.
How long is the employment contract
The maximum duration of the contract for home-based caregivers is up to 63 months (or 5 years).
What are the expenses of becoming a Caregiver in Israel via POEA
There is no placement fee since it is POEA/DMW that will process the hiring of the applicants.
Those caregivers who will be hired have to shoulder their medical examination. Also, they have to pay for their airline tickets from the Philippines to Israel and return tickets to the Philippines once their employment contract has ended.
Once the caregivers are already working, they have to pay for their daily meals from their own pocket.
What are the Jobs of Homebased Caregivers in Israel
The job of home-based caregivers is mainly to provide caregiving assistance to elderlies who are disabled or a Person with a Disability.
Caregivers will be responsible for providing and attending to the personal care needs of the senior citizen/PWD assigned to them. This includes but is not limited to giving medicines, cooking, food preparation, and feeding their patients/clients.
Furthermore, caregivers will also be the ones to assist elderlies when they need to go to the bathroom which involves chores such as toileting, bathing, dressing, and diapering.
Caregivers also need to accompany their patients when they have to do errands outside of their homes. They also need to perform particular duties based on the Special Employment Contract (SEC) and as per the request of their employer and representative.
How to Apply as Caregiver in Israel via POEA/DMW website
The submission of the application is made through the POEA/DMW website. Here is the summary of the hiring process.
Step 1: Go to the POEA/DMW website and Register for an Account
Step 2: Apply for the Homebased Caregiver position on the POEA/DMW website. Answer all questions then “Submit” your application
Step 3: POEA will start evaluating your online application
Step 4: Receive your interview schedule and submission/verification of your documents through your POEA e-registration account
Step 5: Print a hard copy of your interview schedule as it also serves as your appointment slip in POEA
Step 6: Proceed to the DMW/POEA office based on your appointment schedule. Present/submit the original documents to POEA during your visit. Read, understand, and sign the “Declaration and Undertaking” and waiver of confidentiality of information
Step 7: Receive a registration card from POEA/DMW. It will confirm that the agency has received your complete documents
Step 8: Attend the pre-recruitment briefing conducted by POEA/DMW
How to find the Updated Caregiver Job Opportunities on DMW/POEA website
Step 1: Visit the DMW website at dmw.gov.ph. At the homepage, scroll to the bottom until you see Job Opportunities. Underneath proceed to “Vacancies thru Government-to-Government Placement.” The page will redirect you to the “Recruitment Specification Form (RSF).” Step 2: On the RSF page, scroll to the bottom until you see “Israel.” Directly below it, you will find the job openings for Home-based Caregivers bound for Israel.
There you have it guys! I hope this post helps you know more about the job opportunities for caregivers in Israel under POEA/DMW’s government-to-government program. Apply directly and only to POEA/DMW website.