Candy Crush is one of the top free-to-play games on iOS, and Android. It currently occupies the top spot for the most downloaded games for iDevices and android OS.
I got curious about this game after lots of my Facebook friends shared on their wall the achievements and levels reached for playing this game.
Due to the overwhelming story in my newsfeed about frustrations to complete a certain level and also the joy of accomplishing one. I decided to visit the app store and download the Candy Crush Saga.
Now I am only at level 21 (at the time of writing), but who knows after hours of playing the game I will be at level 100 or even higher.
Anyway, how fast I’m going to complete every level is not really important. Because one way or another, my skills in planning ahead and spotting the different candy patterns to accomplish each stage will level up eventually as I play the game. What really matters is these 8 Life Lessons that we can learn by playing the game called “Candy Crush Saga.”
These lessons tell us that life is a combination of fun and frustration. Every day we will encounter setbacks and challenges. But regardless life is still beautiful if we know how to appreciate it.
There are times when we get to experience that everything is working according to our ways and there also times when everything is messed up. But we choose to play the game of life and continues to move on just like in Candy Crush.
In any of our endeavors, we may repeat the same mistakes many times but the game will teach us to become persistent. Just like in the game, time will come, we will realize our mistakes and will choose a different course of action to avoid the latter from happening again.
We can also ask for help from friends to assist us as we deal with the challenges in the game. Similar in real life, seeking their opinion on how to face certain obstacles can help kickstart in solving our problems.
There is a golden rule that says “Do unto others what you want others to do unto you.” Which only means that when your time comes to help them, don’t hesitate to do so. Since, when you were in trouble they also lend a hand to help you.
Anyway, so much for my opinion, read the life lessons now.
8 Life Lessons You Can Learn by Playing Candy Crush
- 1. Life is equal parts fun and frustrating. It is full of challenges every step of the way. Yet, it can also be sweet and colorful.
- 2. Chocolate is evil. It will mess things up
- 3. You won’t always understand what’s going on. That’s fine, you’re not expected to.
- 4. There will not always be friends who can help you out. It happens. Suck it up and wait.
- 5. Help friends as much as you can. Life is all about give and take after all.
- 6. Ask friends for help when you need it. You’ll be surprised at how many are able and willing.
- 7. Persistence is the key to success. If you persist long enough, one of these days you are bound to get it right somehow. Or get lucky. Or both.
- 8. Life is not always fair. Sometimes you get lucky with a good board, sometimes you don’t. Deal with it.
Here is the reference:
Created by Joni Cham, this 8 Life Lessons Taught by Candy Crush is one of the most shared topics on Twitter and Facebook. It is perhaps, one reason why many play this game even though they were repeatedly got stuck in one level for days.
Read Also: Life Lessons from Noah’s Ark
For those who do not know, Candy Crush Saga is a game developed by King.com. The game is available on your Android and iOS mobile devices. For PC users, you can get it at Amazon AppStore, and Microsoft. Alternatively, you can also play it on your internet browser. To do so, you can just go to the game developer’s home page.
*Credits to the author of 8 Life Lessons Taught by Candy Crush