I have watched it over the news last night and it already spread on social networking sites that a new zodiac sign has emerged. Apparently, after knowing about it, we will never look at the Zodiac signs the same way again.
Why? Because when the new Zodiac shows up, the dates of all 12 old signs were also altered. For sure different points of view and reactions would bring uproar to people concern, knowing that the zodiac signs they used to have for many years would change all of a sudden.
For example, if a person’s birthdate is November 21 which falls under ‘Scorpio’ in the old dates, his /her sign will change to ‘Libra’ in the new Zodiac sign schedule.
Anyway, it is up to us whether to accept the changes and allow them to have an effect on our lives. We can also choose to retain our old Zodiac signs.
It is Ophiuchus the 13th zodiac sign. The Greek name translates to “Serpent-bearer.” The zodiac symbol is a “man holding or apprehending a serpent.” It will fall on the date range of November 29 to December 17 resulting in changes in other Zodiac sign’s dates.
The New Zodiac Sign Dates are as follows
Below are the details on the old and new dates of Zodiac Signs. You can verify if the new date range affects your respective signs. It is also up to you if you will change or keep your old constellation sign.
All the Zodiac sign schedules have changed. However, I think the most affected Zodiac sign is “Scorpio.” Based on the old information, its date range is from October 24 to November 21 which is around 29 days. On the new dates, the said sign will only last from November 23 to November 29, which is only 7 days.
- Capricorn or Goat: January 20 – February 16
- Aquarius or Water Bearer: February 16 – March 11
- Pisces or Fish: March 11- April 18
- Aries or Ram: April 18 – May 13
- Taurus or Bull: May 13 – June 21
- Gemini or Twins: June 21 – July 20
- Cancer or Crab: July 20 – August 10
- Leo or Lion: August 10 – September 16
- Virgo or Virgin: September 16 – October 30
- Libra or Balance: October 30 – November 23
- Scorpio or Scorpion: November 23 – November 29
- Ophiuchus or Serpent Bearer: November 29 – December 17
- Sagittarius or Archer: December 17 – January 20
Old Zodiac Sign Dates without the Ophiuchus
These are the original dates prior to the inclusion of Ophiuchus.
- Capricorn or Goat: December 22 – January 19
- Aquarius or Water Bearer: January 20 – February 18
- Pisces or Fish: February 19 – March 20
- Aries or Ram: March 21 – April 19
- Taurus or Bull: April 20 – May 20
- Gemini or Twins: May 21 – June 21
- Cancer or Crab: June 22 – July 22
- Leo or Lion: July 23 – August 22
- Virgo or Virgin: August 23 – September 22
- Libra or Balance: September 23 – October 23
- Scorpio or Scorpion: October 24 – November 21
- Sagittarius or Archer: November 22 – December 21
Does Changing a Zodiac Sign Matter?
You might be asking yourself by now if changing a person’s astrological sign matters. I think it depends on the person’s belief. The reason is there are people who assess their and other people’s traits, characteristics, and weaknesses based on his/her astrological signs. For example, a Gemini is, in general, are intelligent, outgoing person, and adaptable. Pisces are creative, empathetic, romantic, and generous.
When it comes to love and relationship, there are people who search for compatibility based also on the Horoscope signs. Let’s say if you are born between May 21 to June 21, you are basically a Gemini in the old dates. So as a Gemini, you are believed to be compatible with Aries, Aquarius, Leo, and Libra. As a Leo, born between July 23 to August 22 (old dates), you are compatible with Aries, Sagittarius, Libra, and Gemini.
There are people who also assess their success in life depending on their signs. If you happen to read a newspaper in the Philippines, on a daily basis, it has a column that shares information about your daily horoscope. Basically, it is a guide based on your horoscope sign. It will tell you, readers, what might happen to you today or tomorrow with respect to your love life, career, finance or money, and health. I hope you get what I mean here.
In the end, it will be the sole decision of a person whether he/she will allow the Zodiac signs to affect their personality, relationship, and even their success in life.
*Image from ABS CBN News TV Patrol