Planning to renew your PRC license? Here are the 6 easy steps to follow to renew your professional license either in PRC office or in satellite offices located inside SM Malls.
It’s been two years since I renew my PRC license and finally yesterday I had the urge to visit PRC (Professional Regulation Commission) office together with my wife in Morayta St. Sampaloc, Manila. Fortunately, in a matter of four (4) hours we were able to renew my 2-year expired RME (Registered Mechanical Engineer) and my wife’s soon to be expired Physician license.
During the renewal process we were like in chaos since we no longer remember the procedures to be done during the renewal, good thing there is help-desk staff that we’re able to answer our queries.
I wrote this post to serve as a guide to professionals who will renew their PRC license so they no longer have to approach the help desk staff. Also, this post might shorten your renewal process if followed properly. Everything you want to know about PRC license renewal can be found in this post.
Here are the 6 Easy Steps to renew PRC License at the PRC Office
Go early to the main office to avoid hassle and long queue and follow the steps below.
Step1. One of the requirements is to present your expired PRC License at window Q or R so you can get the renewal form.
Step2. Proceed to Photo booth to have your latest photo which will be used on your new PRC ID. Payment is only P80 for 4 passport size with name tag. Attach 1 photo to your renewal form.
Step3. Get inside the ground floor of PRC main building, and then proceed to Pre-assessment officer table. Hand over your form to the staff in-charge. He/She will give the next instruction.
Step4. Wait for your name to be called at Window 17 to receive your Application for Professional Identification Card form.
Step5. Proceed to the cashier to pay the necessary renewal fees. For Physician fee is P450. For Mechanical Engineer with two year expired license payment is P810.
Step6. Go back to PRC office after 7 working days. Present the form (similar to the one above) at Window 28 and wait for your name to be called to get your new PRC License ID and thats it.
3 Steps to Renew PRC License in SM Malls and Satellite Offices
PRC has improved their service when comes to getting and renewing the PRC ID. They already have branches in SM Malls located anywhere in the country. Professionals do not have to visit the main office to renew their ID.
Below are the lists of SM Malls which you can visit to renew your PRC ID. Professional Regulation Commission as part of their e-Services project has made the license renewal process more accessible to applicants by partnering with SM Malls to be their satellite office.
Professionals can bring their about to expire ID to the participating SM Malls near their place any day of the week during mall hours for renewal application, then get back again to the same mall for the claiming of the new ID after seven (7) working days or during the specified claiming date.
The renewal process is the same to the main office. The only difference is it delivers convenience on the part of the applicants, they don’t have to visit the PRC main office in Morayta, Manila and play tug of war with the others.
Initially, there are nine (9) SM malls in Metro Manila and four (4) SM Malls in the province participating in this partnership. Hopefully, in the coming months, these statistics will grow higher.
List of participating SM Malls in Metro Manila:
SM Sta. Mesa
SM Mall of Asia
SM Harrison Plaza
SM South Mall List of participating provincial SM Malls:
SM Lipa City
Here is the procedure when you choose to renew your PRC License in SM Malls
Step1. Fill up the renewal form at any PRC branch in SM Mall where you choose to renew your ID.
Step2. Renewal assessment fee and photo fee payment. Convenience (courier/ delivery) fee is optional in case you want your PRC ID to be delivered at your house.
Step3. Claim the ID on the date indicated on your claim stub. If a representative will claim your ID, he/she should bring the official receipt and also the letter of authority / or special power of attorney. (I would advise that you claim it by yourself to avoid hassle on the part of your representative)
For Renewal / Duplicate / Replacement of PRC License
Before you go to their respective satellite office you have to prepare the following requirements:
1. Passport size picture 3 pieces (colored); should be with white background, close up with complete name tag at the lower part. Should observe proper dress code sleeveless is not allowed.
2. Duly accomplished application form. You can get a copy of the form on their website or you may check this rd renewal form for the scanned copy.
3. Photocopy of the original PRC License. If lost, you have to submit a notarized affidavit of loss and original with Photocopy of valid ID it should have a picture and your signature.
4. In the case of Destroyed professional ID, the applicant has to submit a letter of request for its replacement. Destroyed ID shall be surrendered.
Steps and Procedures
Step1. Present accomplished renewal form at the receiving counter, together with above-mentioned requirements
Step2. Pay for the renewal fee at the Cashier, secure official receipt (I’m not particular with the fee as it depends on the number of months lapse from the validity of your license)
Step3 Submit the official receipt and all the documents at the releasing window and receive your claim slip. (On your claim stub will reflect the date that your license can be claimed).
PRC Requirements for Change of Status / Change of Name
- Passport size picture 3 pieces (colored); should be with white background, close up with complete name tag at the lower part. Should observe proper dress code sleeveless is not allowed.
- Duly accomplished application form. The form should be filled up in capital letters. You can get a copy of the form on their website or you may check this link for the scanned copy.
- Authenticated copy of Marriage Contract issued by the NSO
- A statutory fee of P 225.00
- Metered documentary stamp (One set)
- Photocopy of the original PRC license. IF lost you have to submit a notarized affidavit of loss and original with Photocopy of valid ID it should have a picture and your signature.
For steps / Procedures refer to the above mentioned because it’s basically the same.
Hopefully, this post would help you Renew your PRC License easily.