Registered professionals working in the Philippines can renew their PRC license online through the online services of the Professional Regulation Commission.
The full implementation of this online renewal system started back in September 1, 2018 in all PRC regional branches and satellite offices. This includes the One-Stop Service Centers for OFWs (OSSCO) / service centers. This new system allows online application, online appointment, and online payment for the renewal of PRC license ID card.
You can access the online renewal service twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week whether you are in the Philippines, or residing overseas as an OFW. You just need a laptop or desktop that is connected to the internet with an installed web browser recommended by the commission. Depending on your chosen payment options, you might need an existing bank account that can transfer payment to any of PRC accredited payment facilities.
Aside from license renewal, PRC online services also allow aspiring professional to process exam application, initial registration of new board passers / successful examinees, verification of rating of exam passers, replacement of lost PRC ID card, and license verification of registered professionals.
8 Steps to renew your PRC License Online
Step 1: Create your new online user account in PRC website www.prc.gov.ph
In this step you need to prepare the following requirements:
– valid and secured email address (you can create free email address at google.com/gmail or yahoo.com)
– your valid mobile phone number
– personal data which includes your date of graduation, spouse name, mother’s name, father’s name, and citizenship of both parents.
– Photo ID in JPEG format (soft copy), saved in your personal computer, smartphone, or tablet. Photo ID should be colored, 2 x 2 inches in size, white background, taken no more than 6 months prior to your PRC ID renewal application. Applicant in the photo must wear decent attire with collar
– Valid ID card (government IDs and / or company ID) for verification of your identity
Visit the official website of Professional Regulation Commission (www.prc.gov.ph). Go to the middle left part of the homepage. You will see the “Registration eServices.”
Choose the “ID Renewal.” On the drop-down list go to the link https://online.prc.gov.ph/ to be redirected to a new web page called PRC LERIS.
Read and understand the “terms of services” then click “I Agree”
Step 2: Supply your Personal Information
This includes your contact details like your permanent mailing address. Family background such as the name of your parents and their citizenship. Educational background such as name of your school, school address, your degree / course taken. Employment details. Any disability.
Take note that you should fill out all fields marked with an asterisk. Hit Save the information afterwards
Step 3: Uploading of your Photo ID
Make sure that the photo which you will upload in this step complies with the photo requirement set by PRC. You should wear decent attire with collar in the photo. It should be colored and in jpeg format. The size should be 2 x 2 inches, in white background. The photo should be recent not more than 6 months prior to your PRC license renewal online application.
Take note that the same photo will be reflected on your newly issued PRC ID which will be valid for 3 years. So, make sure that the photo you submitted shows how good looking you are.
There is a chance that your application will not be processed if the photo in your application does not resemble you. Your submitted photo has different background other than the required plain white and has shadows. You are wearing eyeglasses and your ears are covered.
Step 4: Choose Renewal in the Selection of Transaction
In this part you have to select the kind of transaction that you want to process. There are five choices which are Examination, Initial Registration, Renewal, Duplicate, and Certification.
Since you want to process the renewal of your PRC ID License, then you need to choose the “RENEWAL” tab. It is the one in the middle.
Choose your Profession, and input your PRC License Number. Double check the details to minimize mistake and then “PROCEED.”
Step 5: Setting of Your Appointment and selection of PRC Office
In this part you will need to select the PRC regional office / satellite offices where you will submit your printed / photocopied documents. Also, your chosen branch office is where you will collect your newly issued PRC License ID card.
Usually, the scheduled date and time is automatically assigned to you by the computer, however you will be given one-time chance to reschedule your appointment.
If you choose to “RESCHEDULE” then choose the new appointment date and state a valid reason. For example, you are an OFW and your date of arrival in the Philippines won’t match the given date and time of your appointment, then state it as your reason.
Appointment slots are free of charge so stay away from “fixers” that offer services to transact with Professional Regulation Commission on your behalf.
PRC has no same-day appointment policy with this you need to set your appointment date in advance.
Step 6: Choose the PRC available Payment Options
After selecting the PRC Regional Office, the itemized fee will be reflected. There are fourth (4) payment options available for you. These are:
- Over-the-Counter at PRC-Cashier (at your chosen regional office / service center)
- Landbank ePayment / Bancnet / GCash (needs an existing account)
- United Coconut Planters Bank (UCPB) Connect, UCPB App (needs an existing account), or through Over-the-Counter in UCPB branches (no need for existing bank account)
- PayMaya, starting June 28, 2019 PRC online services accepts payments via PayMaya using your debit and credit cards under JCB, Visa, Mastercard, and also through PayMaya account.
Choose which among the 4 options is the most convenient for you to pay PRC license renewal processing fee.
In my case, I opt for the UCPB Over-the-Counter payment as it is more convenient on my part since there is a branch near my location. Also, because I do not have an existing bank account with Landbank and UCPB. Though, UCPB charge Php30 service fee.
My Actual UCPB Over-the-Counter Payment slip:
Step 7: Printing of your Documents
The documents that you are about to print is the “APPLICATION FOR PROFESSIONAL IDENTIFICATION CARD (PIC) form.” You need to bring and submit it form together with other needed documents such as the required Continuing Professional Development (CPD units) documents at the PRC regional office of your choice.
To print the said form sign in again to your PRC LERIS account (online.prc.gov.ph/Home) then go to “Existing Transaction” tab located just below your Profile tab. You may check my actual form below:
My Printed Payment Details below:
Step 8: Proceed to the PRC Regional Office / Service Center based on your choice at Step5
Bring the following requirements:
- Hard copy of your “Application for Professional Identification Card” form
- hard copy of your PRC license renewal payment receipt
- Extra photo ID (this is optional just in case the PRC staff need for another copy)
Go to the PRC regional office or service center at the scheduled appointment date and time to submit all requirements. And also, to collect your renewed PRC License ID card.
PRC ID Renewal Requirements
- Completely filled out Application for Professional Identification Card (PIC)
- One passport sized picture with white background and full name tag
- CPD units earned (for more information inquire to email@example.com)
- Certificate of good standing for certain boards / profession (additional requirements / this can be acquired at your professional regulatory board / association)
- Special power of attorney and valid ID for authorized representative of the applicant
- Renewal fee amount or payment receipt
How much is the PRC License Renewal Fees
Here are the details about the cost of renewing your PRC ID license online. Your license has a validity of 3 years so you need to pay the total amount for that duration. Keep in mind that there will be a surcharge for late renewal of your PIC.
- Professions requiring baccalaureate degree: P150.00 per year or total of P450.00 for 3 years
- Professions requiring a non-baccalaureate degree: 140.00 pesos per year or total of 420.00 pesos for 3 years
- Surcharge applies for those who will renew their license 20 days after their birth month.
- Surcharge for Baccalaureate degree: 30.00 pesos
- Surcharge for non-baccalaureate degree: 28.00 pesos
Allowed Persons in Express Lane, and Courtesy Lane during PRC License Renewal
Based on the PRC Memorandum Order No. 09, series of 2018 dated February 12, 2018. PRC offices all over the country will provide a priority / express lane for Balik Manggagawa Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs).
There will also be a courtesy lane for pregnant women, senior citizen, nursing mothers, and Person with Disability (PWD) professionals who will be renewing their professional license.
There will be a designated staff that will handle the PRC license renewal of these persons.
Here is the reference:
When and Where can I Claim my newly Renewed PRC License
After completing all the PRC online procedures for the renewal of your license, you can claim your fresh PRC ID card at your selected branch / satellite offices on your chosen appointment date.
Can I renew my PRC License without CPD Credit Units
According to page 2 of PRC Resolution No. 2019-1146 under Section 3 Sections 10.2. Series of 2019, effective March 1, 2019:
- Filipino Professionals working abroad are exempted from CPD requirements
- Newly licensed professionals will also be exempted from CPD requirement on their first renewal cycle
- For those who will renew their license, the required CPD credit units are reduced to minimum which is NOT more than 15 units
According to PRC website, renewal of Professional License ID without full CPD compliance are accpeted until December 2020.
For your concerns about “Continuing Professional Development” or CPD for your PRC renewal, you can inquire directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit any PRC office.
* There you go guys, I hope this post will be able to somehow help you whenever you are going to renew your PRC License Online