Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) is offering Skills Training and Scholarship programs in 2018. It is open to everyone including OFWs.
Interested applicants should apply online to avail the scholarship programs under the Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET).
There are three (3) available scholarships that TESDA is currently offering: the Training for Work Scholarship Programs (TWSP), Private Education Student Financial Assistance (PESFA), Special Training for Employed Program (STEP).
Applicants, however, need to meet the minimum requirements to be accepted in respective program. The requirement details can be read at the official website of TESDA (www.tesda.gov.ph/education).
3 Steps for TESDA Scholarship Online Application Process
Interested applicants need a desktop / laptop computer that is connected to the internet plus 5 to 10 minutes of their time to complete the three steps online application process. They should first visit www.tesda.gov.ph/education then follow the steps below:
Step 1: Start a New Application for tesda scholarship program
1.1 Fill up the form
– Applicants need to supply their complete name, permanent mailing address, gender, date of birth, email address, birthplace, and full name of parents / guardian and their permanent mailing address.
1.2 Click the CREATE Button
– “Create” button is located at the lower left portion of the online application form.
1.3 Receive the Learner’s ID
– After filling up the form, applicants will receive a confirmation email which includes their unique Learner’s ID.
Step 2: Selecting the TESDA Training Program
2.1 Click on the TESDA Technology Institute
– Applicants should first choose their current region and name of school (optional) then hit the search button. The list of tesda accredited schools will appear, applicants have to click on each school to know the courses they are offering.
2.2 Select the course
– Applicants need to choose their preferred technical vocational course offered by their chosen school
2.3 Enter the applicants Last name and unique Learner’s ID
2.4 Verify the profile
2.5 Application complete
Step 3: Feedback from TESDA Office
– Applicants are advised to check their email regularly for the feedback coming from TESDA Office. The feedback will consist of information about the date of training and venue of the training school.
Aside from the mentioned scholarship programs, TESDA also has 40 courses offered online for free, and 5 foreign language courses available at respective TESDA Language Skills Institute (LSI) also free of charge.
Based on the records of TESDA, from year 2010 to second quarter of 2016, there are total of 10,543,440 aspirants who were able to complete the TESDA Vocational Education and Training (TVET) from online programs, institutional training programs, and enterprise-based programs. The records also show that 64.4 percent of the graduates from year 2005 to present are already employed.