Dr. Cristina Yang (Sandra Oh) has said lots of quotes and punch lines during her stay as one of the lead characters in Grey’s Anatomy.
Many were saddened (including me) about her announcement that season 10 is going to be her last in the medical drama show. And as expected during the season 10 finale (episode 24) she left the show (sad).
Her departure from the show will leave a huge space in the hearts and lungs of the fans. Perhaps the tv series Grey’s Anatomy will never be the same again without her as Cardiothoracic Surgeon. Don’t get me wrong, there will be good actors and actresses who can take her place as a surgeon in the show.
However, no one can replace Dr. Cristina Yang because she’s a legend when comes to delivering her lines and the way she portrays her nerdy competitive character. Agree or not?
As one of the fans of Grey’s Anatomy particularly Cristina Yang, I decided to immortalize the quotes and memorable single-liners that she used to tell to anyone. Especially to Meredith Grey in Seattle Grace Hospital which eventually changes its name to Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital. She is outspoken even to her seniors McDreamy or McSteamy and can laugh internally.
Top 20 Cristina Yang Quotes in Grey’s Anatomy
Here are the quotes which we will miss in the coming seasons of Grey’s Anatomy.
- 1. Have some fire. Be unstoppable. Be a force of nature. Be better than anyone here, and don’t give a dam what anyone thinks. There are no teams here, no buddies. You’re on your own. Be on your own.
- 2. Can everyone just accept the fact that there are some things that I like to keep to myself, and I don’t discuss everything to death?
- 3. Do not look for friends there, you won’t find them. None of them have the capacity to understand you, they never will.
- 4. How am I supposed to get through the holidays without liquor?
- 5. Pretty good is not enough, I wanna be great.
- 6. Being aware of your crap and actually overcoming your crap are two very different things.
- 7. Oh, screw beautiful. I’m brilliant. If you want to appease me, compliment my brain.
- 8. I didn’t like teenage girls when I was a teenage girl.
- 9. Don’t give up on yourself.
- 10. The heart is an organ. It pumps, it circulates blood, and gets clogged from time to time. It does not, however, speak. It does not have tiny little lips on it.
- 11. I am laughing. Just not externally.
- 12. He took something from me. He took little pieces of me. I lost myself for a long time, and I promised myself I’d never feel that way again.
- 13. I like you bitter and pissed off. You’re almost like a normal person now.
- 14. Being a hero has its price.
- 15. I’m sure it must feel as though everything is coming apart, but you can get through this.
- 16. If you want crappy things to stop happening to you, then stop accepting crap and demand something more.
- 17. I’d say wish me luck but I don’t need it.
If he wants to hate me, then fine. I can’t make someone stay.
- 18. There comes a point where it all becomes too much. When we get too tired to fight anymore. So we give up. That’s when the real work begins. To find hope where there seems to be absolutely none at all.
- 19. More money, more problems
- 20. Everything isn’t so perfectly right, or perfectly wrong.
Farewell Dr. Cristina Yang, your fans will miss you. I hope you would have another TV series that we can follow. Or after season 11 you would change your mind and come back again to Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital.