These are the top colleges and universities in the Philippines 2014 for teachers. If you ever want to take up education course in college / universities but somehow undecided which school to pursue your dream course, then you should check this list.
You can also use it as your guide in choosing which school you should be taking your college entrance exam for the education course.
The list of top schools for teaching education both for high school and elementary were released by The House of Representative. Their basis was the last two consecutive licensure exams (LET) given in March and September 2013 where these schools have 50 of more examinees and have at least 80 percent passing rate.
Top Colleges and Universities for High School Teachers
- University of the Philippines–Diliman – 91.66 percent passing rate
- Saint Louis University-Baguio – 90.88 percent
- University of San Carlos–Cebu – 90.16 percent
- University of Santo Tomas – 89.59 percent
- Philippine Normal University–Manila -89.43 percent
- Philippine Normal University–Agusan – 88.83 percent
- University of Southeastern Philippines-Tagum – 88.00 percent
- Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila – 84.06 percent
- Bohol Island State University–Tagbilaran – 82.89 percent
- Polytechnic University of the Philippines-Taguig – 82.26 percent
- Davao Oriental State College of Science & Technology – 82.18 percent
- Xavier University-Cagayan de Oro – 81.71 percent
- Technological University of the Philippines–Cavite – 80.65 percent
Top Colleges and Universities for Elementary Teachers
- University of Santo Tomas – 100 percent passing rate
- Bohol Island State University–Tagbilaran – 95.95 percent
- West Visayas State University–La Paz – 94.76 percent
- Xavier University-Cagayan de Oro – 93.16% percent
- Philippine Normal University–Manila – 91.34 percent
- Talisay City College-Cebu – 90.24 percent
- Southern Iloilo Polytechnic College – 86.27 percent
- Saint Louis University-Baguio – 84.91 percent
- Western Visayas College of Science & Technology-La Paz – 82.31 percent
- Bohol Island State University–Bilar – 81.13 percent
- Cebu Technological University–Argao – 80.72 percent
According to Chairman of the House Committee on Higher and Technical Education at the same time Pasig City representative Roman Romulo, they were disclosing the list to let aspiring teachers and parents know as to what school they should spend their hard earned tuition money.